P1000 HOTT!!!

chipolariverman

chipolariverman

Jun 11, 2019
Malone, FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
russknight honestly I don't ride trails or dirt roads. I will use my machine for hog hunting. We hunt 3-4 days a week and hunt private land, farms and hunting leases in FL, GA and AL, about 80-100k acres all together. There are some ATV/UTV trails down in the Apalachicola National Forest but I have never ridden them and I know the storm tore them up pretty bad. I have a buddy that hunts in there and he said it was bad, in fact he didn't even hunt this past year because of that. I hunt there also but hunt out on the hill on regular numbered forest roads. I got my current SXS street legal and used it last year on the numbered roads but I discussed it with the local game warden and I used it strictly for deer dog hunting and he checked me out and I had no problem. I did talk with the local forest ranger LE but he was not as open to the idea as the GW but I never saw him. I have not read the laws for this year yet.

Most of the people that I know honestly just ride dirt roads and don't have a problem with the LAW as long as they are not acting like fools. There are a couple of mud parks around but I have never been to them.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
russknight honestly I don't ride trails or dirt roads. I will use my machine for hog hunting. We hunt 3-4 days a week and hunt private land, farms and hunting leases in FL, GA and AL, about 80-100k acres all together. There are some ATV/UTV trails down in the Apalachicola National Forest but I have never ridden them and I know the storm tore them up pretty bad. I have a buddy that hunts in there and he said it was bad, in fact he didn't even hunt this past year because of that. I hunt there also but hunt out on the hill on regular numbered forest roads. I got my current SXS street legal and used it last year on the numbered roads but I discussed it with the local game warden and I used it strictly for deer dog hunting and he checked me out and I had no problem. I did talk with the local forest ranger LE but he was not as open to the idea as the GW but I never saw him. I have not read the laws for this year yet.

Most of the people that I know honestly just ride dirt roads and don't have a problem with the LAW as long as they are not acting like fools. There are a couple of mud parks around but I have never been to them.

Mine is street legal too. I don't hunt, but like riding and looking for artifacts. Reckon any of those farmers would let me ride with y'all and hunt for arrowheads? Usually when you get around rivers you'll find a few.

Reactions: JenElio
chipolariverman

chipolariverman

Jun 11, 2019
Malone, FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Mine is street legal too. I don't hunt, but like riding and looking for artifacts. Reckon any of those farmers would let me ride with y'all and hunt for arrowheads? Usually when you get around rivers you'll find a few.
Unfortunately most of the farmers are very protective about their arrowheads. We basically make it a point not to ask the farmer about deer or turkey or arrowhead hunting. We stick strictly with the hog eradication. If I see one I will stop and pick it up but I am not looking for them and on a couple of farms we have been specifically DO NOT touch them. Sorry man.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Unfortunately most of the farmers are very protective about their arrowheads. We basically make it a point not to ask the farmer about deer or turkey or arrowhead hunting. We stick strictly with the hog eradication. If I see one I will stop and pick it up but I am not looking for them and on a couple of farms we have been specifically DO NOT touch them. Sorry man.

Bummer ;)

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Dang! @chipolariverman I was hoping you'd say... Yeah! Ya'll come on out, there are so many that we can't even pick them all up. Unfortunately @russknight and I know all to well how people can be over their rocks.

I hear stories of old timers saying that they were everywhere and made "good skipping rocks"

There is some cool history around our areas as you all know. I just hate that so much of it is getting lost and destroyed.

In the famous words of JJ Grey...

I swear it's ten thousand degrees in the shade (20,000 if the pioneer is running!)
Lord have mercy knows, how much I love it
Every mosquito every rattlesnake
Every cane break, everything
Every alligator every blackwater swamp
Every freshwater spring – everything
All we need is one more damn developer
Tearing her heart out
All we need is one more Mickey Mouse
Another golf course another country club
Another gated community
Lord I need her
Lord I need her
And she's slipping away
If my grandfather could see her now
He'd lay down and die
Cause every minute every second every hour
Every day, Lord she's slipping away

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!