BOX1

Talon How hard was the Super ATV winch to install?

ArkansasTalon

ArkansasTalon

Oct 11, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm thinking of getting one and was just curious. I'd also like to see pictures of where you put the switch.

Also, I've read where a lot of folks are having trouble with the wiring. Does the Super ATV kit include an adaptor for the accessory plug-in?

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
It is a super easy install, not sure why anyone would have any problem with the wiring, think it took me 10 mins using the factory wire and 1 tap of the ACC wire under the hood.

ArkansasTalon

ArkansasTalon

Oct 11, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any pics of where you put the switch? How about where you tapped the wire? Did they include any sort of adapter? Which model did you buy?

I'm not particularly mechanically inclined, so I just wanted to make sure I could handle it before I bought one.

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any pics of where you put the switch? How about where you tapped the wire? Did they include any sort of adapter? Which model did you buy?

I'm not particularly mechanically inclined, so I just wanted to make sure I could handle it before I bought one.
I installed the 4500# and I mounted a switch under the headlight switch. Just cut a rectangle out of the plastic, I went with my own switch because the one that came with the winch was made for a 4 wheeler. I’ll get some pics for you tomorrow. The relay mounts where the factory one would under the hood. The factory has the load and ground wires already in the buggy, use the supplied wire to go from the relay down to the winch and zip tie them. That’s all there is to it.

Reactions: ArkansasTalon
makac132

makac132

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Nelson, B.C.
Ownership

1. 500
I'm thinking of getting one and was just curious. I'd also like to see pictures of where you put the switch.

Also, I've read where a lot of folks are having trouble with the wiring. Does the Super ATV kit include an adaptor for the accessory plug-in?

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
I mounted my switch under the light switch, you can really mount it anywhere you like it. I didn’t use the switch that came with the winch because it’s made for handle bars.
I just talked the acc wire under the upper hood, next to the relay mount location. The white arrow is where I tapped the acc wire, the yellow arrow is where I mounted the relay (factory winch relay mount location)
It really is super easy to wire. Even easier if you decide to get the Honda switch plate (which I did not, too expensive for me)
0C34EEB2 2A3A 4335 8B18 F3FE4428D8F9
323CF818 C4A3 49D4 9F16 F0ABC6DA178F

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!