DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
That 1st Pioneer went on sale and many of us got them. Mine had to go a few years ago, and @Rinconruss just had to sell his. Lots got sold or traded to get the 1000.

Just wondering how many of those 2014 owner's still have their machines?

@swsebek

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I have my 14 still she been a good ole girl treated real rough not yet let me down I almost traded when 1000 came out but then clutch issues started so I kept my 700 only time I can’t hang with the big boys is top speed but mud or water 700 can take it usually pulls someone home

H

HondaTech

He's replaced a water pump and seat (under warranty), the front roll bar, rear cross brace (his fault) and we had to weld the passenger front upper A-arm mount back on front a wreck.

He just recently replaced the passenger tie rod end, most likely a casualty of the wreck that's just now showing up.

Reactions: Mudwing
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep I still have the ol girl.I have $20,000 in it now.
It has served us well for 2000 miles and not a complaint.It will be going back to the Takeover again too. I will never part with this machine.I was looking for a golfkart on steroids that I could customize and that's exactly what it is.I did look at the 1000s too before I sunk too much into it. And the clutches scared me away.Now I have it just the way I like it.I drove a stock 700 and I hated the ride after having my wheels, lift and fox shocks on mine. I have a problem with keeping things till they can't move anymore. But with Honda's, if you take care of them they just keep going.I believe a lot of guys still have they're 14s they just don't post or haven't kept on the forum.Us old Dinosaurs just fossilized with all the new models. I'm just on here cause I have nowhere to go;)

Last edited:
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep I still have the ol girl.I have 20,000 in it now.
It has served us well for 2000 miles and not a complaint.It will be going back to the Takeover again too. I will never part with this machine.I was looking for a golfkart on steroids that I could customize and that's exactly what it is.I did look at the 1000s too before I sunk too much into it. And the clutches scared me away.Now I have it just the way I like it.I drove a stock 700 and I hated the ride after having my wheels, lift and fox shocks on mine. I have a problem with keeping things till they can't move anymore. But with Honda's, if you take care of them they just keep going.I believe a lot of guys still have they're 14s they just don't post or haven't kept on the forum.Us old Dinosaurs just fossilized with all the new models. I'm just on here cause I have nowhere to go;)
20,000 ? That is very impressive. I have a little over 5,000 on my 15 but I'm contemplating on moving over to the dark side. Bigger not different brand.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Plow and winch. $1000
Wheels,tires,spare&trim $ 1250
Shocks,lift. $1000
Machine OTD $13500
F&Rear seat covers, Roof,floor mat, bed matt,Bed extender,side&rear mirrors,Honda gear bag,gun racks,stereo system. $1000
Windshield & power steer. $1000
Cree spot lights,whips,rock lights,rear lights, rockers, switches, dual battery system,emp a-arm guards,muddbusters. $1000
Tablet Gps, rear camera,and 2 way radio system
Ram mounts, $ 500
There's stuff I don't even remember anymore or mirrors and lights that broke
Heck the aluminum trailer was 2500 bucks just to haul it.
The lean too at camp I built and the shed to keep it in at home.
Heck I got a 500 in apparel and stickers from this site alone. But to many they would say I'm nuts. But too me it's all worth it to see my wife and kids excited to go 14 hours to Tennessee in
The cold,and stay in a tiny cabin with bunk beds with no plumbing. And most of all this machine got me on this sight and become a part of something bigger then myself.Honda has been good to me. And I will be a fanboy for life

Last edited:
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see I mistook the "in" for "on". I was just thinking 20,000 miles is the most I have heard about. The $20,000 unfortunately probably isn't. I'm glad you are still enjoying it. Or little 700 sure has been a great machine for us, but the want for a new one is always there.

Reactions: swsebek
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
That 1st Pioneer went on sale and many of us got them. Mine had to go a few years ago, and @Rinconruss just had to sell his. Lots got sold or traded to get the 1000.

@swsebek
I do.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
493BEC37 2923 4A80 B14E 2C8D55710D58
I know of 2 around my area. One of them has been used pretty hard, pulling logs, trailers with mowers, etc...it’s fresh out of the shop with a complete rebuild (10,000+miles). The other is my brothers-in-law’s and it has 3,000 miles and counting. He’s hauled a few small round bales with it, among other work chores.

Last edited:
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I have the first camo '14 that our dealer received. My Papaw bought it new. I bought it from him when he bought the first camo 1000 that our local dealer received. It has a little over 5000 miles. Only issue so far as been the baffle in the muffler breaking loose. I found a good deal on a new HMF to replace it with that looks better and sounds a little better, so no worries on that.

I try to justify buying a 1000 and really want a Talon, but for our needs, the 700 fits the bill pretty well.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Still have mine also. 2014. Been a great machine. Would’ve probably bought a 1000 if it would fit in my toy hauler. But the 1000 is to wide. Not going to buy another toy hauler just to buy a different sxs when the one I have does just fine and we love our camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Still have mine also. 2014. Been a great machine. Would’ve probably bought a 1000 if it would fit in my toy hauler. But the 1000 is to wide. Not going to buy another toy hauler just to buy a different sxs when the one I have does just fine and we love our camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven’t seen you around in a long time. Good to see you’re still bustin horses....;)

Reactions: Mudwing
dieselmax

dieselmax

Jul 6, 2014
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
I still have my 14' 700-4. i use it to plow all winter and play in the summer. put a set of 27' bearclaw htrs on it last summer and what a difference over stock.

B

Billman544

Feb 17, 2018
Wv
Ownership

1. 700-4

@swsebek
I still have mine and love it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!