32B03E00 9830 418E 9049 9EBD0476261F
0C629598 A08D 4592 B4D4 7E38CD66E6C0

11boo

Jul 25, 2019
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Salesman loaded it
I should have seen it. The trailer was just too narrow for that. They took it in stride. Only towed it 6 miles to the trail got out ready to ride and all I could do was move it off the tires and haul it back.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
One would think you would see smoke rolling off when you look in the side mirrors. But from what I've seen going up and down the interstate I know people rarely use them

Hate to see that happen at any rate.

11boo

Jul 25, 2019
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
One would think you would see smoke rolling off when you look in the side mirrors. But from what I've seen going up and down the interstate I know people rarely use them

Hate to see that happen at any rate.
I was watching my mirrors pretty close. No smoke but it was all secondary rds so 35/40mph max and it was not far to public land riding. I’m surprised the trailer tire wasn’t skidding on the dirt roads.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You're going to love it!!!!!

Let the spending begin!

Reactions: TimG
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It doesn't look like they even secured the UTV on properly. You need 4 tie-downs to be secure, and the owners manual says to fasten near the wheel (axle) to prevent suspension bounce from causing movement like tore this tire up. I would not be comfortable with the job the dealer did loading and securing the trailer. Fast and quick? I hope it's not representative of this dealer's work.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It doesn't look like they even secured the UTV on properly. You need 4 tie-downs to be secure, and the owners manual says to fasten near the wheel (axle) to prevent suspension bounce from causing movement like tore this tire up. I would not be comfortable with the job the dealer did loading and securing the trailer. Fast and quick? I hope it's not representative of this dealer's work.
Ive heard if you just throw a railroad tie on behind it you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think the RR tie might just put too much weight on the back of the trailer, and then it would swerve an cause an attorney in his BMW to have a bad accident followed by lawsuits, court dates, and loss of trail time. Better to tie it down right to begin with maybe. Duck tape and RR ties are not the solution to all problem, just most.

(Sorry, I hate people getting so far off track. Guilty)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think the RR tie might just put too much weight on the back of the trailer, and then it would swerve an cause an attorney in his BMW to have a bad accident followed by lawsuits, court dates, and loss of trail time. Better to tie it down right to begin with maybe. Duck tape and RR ties are not the solution to all problem, just most.

(Sorry, I hate people getting so far off track. Guilty)
Yes it’s best if it's strapped in properly. And apparently not directly on a trailer tire lol.

Reactions: Mopower58 and BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The last pic shows the SxS moved back about a foot. I took it out for a demo ride, he loaded and secured it. I never saw the open fender on the trailer and my truck never saw the load. Duramax is like that.
BUMMER! The tire is no big loss they are crap, just a shame you couldn't have wasted it on the trail yourself! My stock front tires lasted like a fart in a whirl wind, busted the original front, replaced with a stocker and two weeks later busted that tire, ordered Race Line wheels and ITP Black Waters, never had a flat with the ITP's and my riding style didn't change, but ITP doesn't have the wide tires, I put 30 X 14 X 10 and Super ATV A arms on to accommodate the 30 inch tires, The 30 inch tires are great! My rims have a offsets of 6 + 1 fronts and 5 + 2 rears so I'm at stock width front and rear, ride in the tight woods where width is your enemy! HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!