How to adjust shifter cable on a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

U

UPPat

Dec 28, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I shift into reverse the machine wants to skip rears and will jump out, makes an awful noise. If I hold the shifter out and down a bit it goes into gear ans stays there. How do I adjust the shifter? I ordered a manual but it is not here yet.

H

HondaTech

When I shift into reverse the machine wants to skip rears and will jump out, makes an awful noise. If I hold the shifter out and down a bit it goes into gear ans stays there. How do I adjust the shifter? I ordered a manual but it is not here yet.

Under the battery is a removable door. But if its jumping out, the sub trans will most likely need to be rebuilt.

U

UPPat

Dec 28, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I came to that conclusion today. There is no spot where I can get it to not grind a bit going in and sometimes it still jumps out. How much is it to get that rebuilt?

H

HondaTech

I think I came to that conclusion today. There is no spot where I can get it to not grind a bit going in and sometimes it still jumps out. How much is it to get that rebuilt?
You'll want to install the updated shift shaft and drum star as well.

I'm not sure what we charge for Pioneer sub trans, its been awhile since my last one. Ive done mostly Talons. The labor on the Pioneer is less. I can usually have one of them out in under an hour.

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what I recall, guys were getting quotes North of a grand to have a dealer do it. With a factory service manual and the following thread, you can DIY if you're up for it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!