P1000 Hydraulics, Airbags?

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey gentlemen, with my rig being so tall, 6' 5".. my toy-hauler only accommodates 6' tall,,, I need to come up with a solution. I won't take my lift off, I have even talked about chopping my rack.. I am thinking about getting a hydraulic system on it, anyone else have a simpler answer. As of now i let the air out of the tires to 5 psi, then ratchet strap the A arms to the roll-cage and squeeze it in.. IMG 3657
IMG 3657

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey gentlemen, with my rig being so tall, 6' 5".. my toy-hauler only accommodates 6' tall,,, I need to come up with a solution. I won't take my lift off, I have even talked about chopping my rack.. I am thinking about getting a hydraulic system on it, anyone else have a simpler answer. As of now i let the air out of the tires to 5 psi, then ratchet strap the A arms to the roll-cage and squeeze it in.. View attachment 56998 View attachment 56998
I say chop it...not saying the hydraulics cant be done...but cutting the cage down will be alot less work. Or buy a larger toyhauler...again cage mod will be cheaper too.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Hydros would make the ride like riding on square tires, airbag it nice cushy ride and if a hose or fitting pops you get an airleak instead of a fluid shower.

Reactions: strongbuilt
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hydros would make the ride like riding on square tires, airbag it nice cushy ride and if a hose or fitting pops you get an airleak instead of a fluid shower.

Not anymore. There is a company making lift kits for trucks out of hydraulics now. Any level lift. Pretty crazy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys, i have to agree for $$$ sake with Glockmeister! I own a steel shop, hence the top, lift, windshields, tailgate level brackets, all made by me, looks like I may start after i finish my shed project... I am making a bunch of steel sheds for some extra cash on the side. 8'x15' sheds with a roll up door on one end, made outta 3"x3'x1/8" mild steel square tubing and some siding and insulation AND BEST OF ALL THEY ARE AFFORDABLE. Yeah simple but needed and for a lifetime, shed nothing will rot or bow or splinter or fade.ect.... Anyone want one? $675

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey gentlemen, with my rig being so tall, 6' 5".. my toy-hauler only accommodates 6' tall,,, I need to come up with a solution. I won't take my lift off, I have even talked about chopping my rack.. I am thinking about getting a hydraulic system on it, anyone else have a simpler answer. As of now i let the air out of the tires to 5 psi, then ratchet strap the A arms to the roll-cage and squeeze it in.. View attachment 56998 View attachment 56998
That's a sweet top!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: strongbuilt