DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
2021 Honda Pioneer 700-4. Has anybody done any performance upgrades to increase torque, and HP?
What’s available ?
The 700 doesn't seem to have a lot of hop-up parts. You could do a high flow air filter and one of those exhaust tips. Both help a little. Anything you can do to open up the airbox will help as well. I believe there are some aftermarket exhaust available, but they will be loud.
A Power vision 3 tuner is available that allows timing manipulation, and I am curious what could be done with that, but I've heard no reports, since the few that have one seem to keep quiet.

Judging by your location, seems like you might be riding at higher elevation. The 700 can struggle there, so the best thing is to NOT kill what it has by running BIG, heavy tires.

Diyguy

Diyguy

Dec 5, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You can try a few simple things. My 2003 carbed Rincon(same drive train as yours) has an exhaust, jetted carb for altitude, K&N air filter and air box valves for more air.
The air box valves I like because you can adjust them on the fly which helps due to the carbed motor I have.
Yours being fuel injected more air may help but you have to allow more exhaust flow also. After market exhaust is louder though.
Look at these air box valves

RidinDirty

RidinDirty

Jan 1, 2021
Heber Utah
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks guys. I will start with the hi flo intake, and exhaust. Are there any tuners available for these machines?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks guys. I will start with the hi flo intake, and exhaust. Are there any tuners available for these machines?
LOL...post #4. PV3 and power commander, along with some others. PV3 is the one to get.

Reactions: RidinDirty
advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can’t find much for this 2021 700. Hopefully soon. As of now, pv3 has nothing.
Call Dyno Jet. It's almost certainly the same as 2020.
It's not that power commanders don't work, but they have you tapping wires and plugging in between connectors, etc. The PV reflashes the stock ecm, so no molesting the wiring harness. Should give OEM reliability, which the Commander doesn't always do.

Reactions: Backwoods
B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's all a waste of money. It only has 9 to 1 compression. No matter what you throw at it it won't make a difference

Reactions: JimmyA
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Easiest way is to install a set of the 520 24" tires to lower the gearing a little and for a bit more you can run the tire pressure at 8 psi for low speed driving. There may be some take off tires and the 520 tires look way better then the 500 tires.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
One thing that could be fairly cheap: dumping the catalytic converter. I've seen a few claim it helps bottom end.

For sure, the intake and exhaust are very restrictive on these.

BigEarlX4

BigEarlX4

Jul 23, 2020
St. Helen, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X4 LV
Not much you can get out of the engine as others have said. I will be going 4" portals with 30" tires to get lower gearing and the torque that I want. Big investment, but good returns. I don't care about speed, I need to be able to crawl, climb and pull in the nice 700 size.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!