tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I got stuck in my backyard yesterday when I broke through a thick layer of ice that was on top of a couple of feet of snow. I dug out some old rope and tie down straps so I could get my winch hooked onto a secure anchor point.
I'm thinking of buying 100 feet of 3/16" synthetic rope to keep in the Toy for future incidents.

I found a Canadian supplier and the price seems great when compared to other US and Canadian sites.

Maple Leaf Ropes

Does this seem to be a good product and price?

Reactions: sharp
tomcj2

tomcj2

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Thank for the link; a better price than I found. I was thinking of keeping with 3/16" to use to replace the rope on the winch if needed in the future. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank for the link; a better price than I found. I was thinking of keeping with 3/16" to use in the future to replace the rope on the winch if needed in the future. Your thoughts?
That makes sense. Just trim one end of the extension off and install on your drum.
I just did a quick .ca search for winch extensions. I am sure there are more options.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
That rope in the link looks nice and it’s cheaper than synthetic winch rope. I have an extra 50’ piece of synthetic winch rope I picked up at northern tool for about $25 bucks I keep in my machine for when I need some extra line. If you don’t know how you can look for instructions on line for weaving a loop into the end of the synthetic rope.

Reactions: Tip
tomcj2

tomcj2

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
71sXvFbki8L SL1000
I ended up buying 2 rolls (100 feet in total) for $47.75 US$ including taxes and freight. They arrived in 3 days. Thanks for the links. This was less expensive than my original plan.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!