I'm still alive! Picked up a new toy though..

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I check in now and then, but haven't posted much for awhile.. This year has been crazy busy. But now that we're running out of inventory, it's starting to slow down.

I still use the Pioneer daily on my place, but I picked up another toy that has been taking most of my free time..

1953 Chev 3100 pickup. I've wanted one for decades, and accidentally stumbled on this one. Right place, right time.

I've already spent quite a bit on it... and there's a lot more I'm going to change, but for now, it's a kick in the butt to drive! 327/Auto.

May 13 21  1 May 13 21 4

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I check in now and then, but haven't posted much for awhile.. This year has been crazy busy. But now that we're running out of inventory, it's starting to slow down.

I still use the Pioneer daily on my place, but I picked up another toy that has been taking most of my free time..

1953 Chev 3100 pickup. I've wanted one for decades, and accidentally stumbled on this one. Right place, right time.

I've already spent quite a bit on it... and there's a lot more I'm going to change, but for now, it's a kick in the butt to drive! 327/Auto.

View attachment 278499 View attachment 278500
Looks awesome!

PJ1

PJ1

FIREBALL P-500
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 500

Sweet! My BIL has a '53. Its all original and looks a mess, but runs him around town no problem.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Wow! Being a Chevy guy myself, a 5 window is the Holy Grail man, Congrats! :cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Awesome! As a kid my dad had the 49’ version 5 window. It too was a 3100 and it had a two speed rear end making it effectively an 8 speed….😎

Reactions: mjn and Smitty335
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well... she's slowly coming together! Wheels and tires are on... the rears rub a little, but hopefully I get that sorted this week. The big expense came a couple weeks ago when I found out the differential had some issues. Ended up replacing the carrier with a Yukon posi unit, also replaced both axles and all the bearings and seals. Glad I caught it before it came apart... could have been far more expensive! All fluids now changed out, cap, rotor, wires, plugs are fresh now. Replaced the entire exhaust with 2.5" and flowmasters. Sounds DAMN good now!
It's funny, as I work thru my list, I keep adding things on to the end of it.... the list is growing instead of going away! :)

0721 1 0721 3

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I had a ‘51 that I got from my Grandmother that I wanted to fix up. Had to give it up in ‘84 when I moved to Colombia, S.A.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, this week she gets some brake and suspension improvements.. Bilsteins all around, new bushings up front, sway bars front and rear, and Wilwood big brake upgrade. Right now it still has the Mustang II rotors & calipers up front.. 9" rotors, and 2 piston calipers. Definitely NOT made to properly stop a 3300 lb truck! Can't wait to feel the difference!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, this week she gets some brake and suspension improvements.. Bilsteins all around, new bushings up front, sway bars front and rear, and Wilwood big brake upgrade. Right now it still has the Mustang II rotors & calipers up front.. 9" rotors, and 2 piston calipers. Definitely NOT made to properly stop a 3300 lb truck! Can't wait to feel the difference!
Cool! Still got your SXS. Why you been hiding out….😂

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!