kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
My friend just bought a new p1000. He wanted me too help install a pro armor sound bar last night. I ran It straight to the battery, because this is all he wants to add to his machine. I did put a inline fuse in. My question is there a better way of doing this? And will this hurt the battery?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My friend just bought a new p1000. He wanted me too help install a pro armor sound bar last night. I ran It straight to the battery, because this is all he wants to add to his machine. I did put a inline fuse in. My question is there a better way of doing this? And will this hurt the battery?

If there is ANY parasitic drain from that bar it's going to kill his battery unless he rides it everyday, I don't know if a battery tender would compensate for all parasitic drains.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
It wouldn't hurt to put a rocker switch in between just to be sure and kill the power to the bar every time he turns it off. worst case is he just leaves the switch on all the time best case is he doesn't have to unhook a fuse when he gets done riding.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!