interlock?

D

dwnstl1

Oct 8, 2022
orlando
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can any one tell me what turns on the interlock/ limp mode besides the seat belt? one gear and 7 MPH is where I'm at. Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

What make model year and miles?
#POIDH also

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
oh. i read that before. hard to take pictures of a question. dont have pics anyhow
Sorry your new. Should have explained. We (as a whole) like pics of your rig aka “SxS” especially on your first post Hince the phrase…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen
#POIDH.
And your right, you cant take pics of MOST problems.

One question were asking to help you further, please re phrase the issue your having? Assuming that your stuck in one gear (which one) and can only go 7mph?

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So. 2014 didn't have the seat belt limiters.
You say your limited to 7mph.
You say your stuck in 1st gear, but 1st gear can go faster than that so I doubt it's the emergency valve or anything like that.

Have you done any basic checks.
Air filter good?
Remove and cleaned muffler spark arrestor?
Check muffler for inside damages as eirler models had reports of baffles coming apart.

How has your oil change schedule been? There are reports of the cam going bad, seems to be fairly common with the 680/700 motor.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

D

dwnstl1

Oct 8, 2022
orlando
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks guys. The engine fires up and runs great until higher rpm. Like a rev limiter. Maintenance is up to date. The 4wd shifter wont go in to 2wd. I think i may have a tranny problem too. What are the symptoms of the famous wore out cam?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Geez. I* thought somebody on here was smarter
There is a few, but they keep quiet for the most part. lol.
It's really hard to dignose a machine online. there are so many factors to consider.
And I am far from an engine person to give too much feedback.
As for the cam, it's the usual loss of power, but this normally doesn't have an effect on speed limitations.
Unless you are confusing low speed for loss of power.
Also, the 4x4 issue is a separate and unrelated issue.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Geez. I* thought somebody on here was smarter
I usually try and help, but the "problem" is getting ALL the info out of people who typically have an attention span of 3 sentences, then never show again. As @Hondasxs said...it's tough diagnosing things in person, much less online with a shifting narrative like you've already presented, to some degree.

A bad cam typically will start and run fine at idle and low rpm, but chokes out at higher rpm. Then again, so will low fuel pressure or a plugged exhaust. Easiest to pull a inspection cap and watch the valves move.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Besides the muffler and easy stuff Hondasxs mentioned……

I would check the fuel filter. I had something similar on an old utv. It happened suddenly, not over time like I would have expected with a filter. With that would be draining the gas and putting new in.

Is there a light or code on the dash? I didn’t see you mention one.

D

dwnstl1

Oct 8, 2022
orlando
Ownership

1. 700-4
yes, the wrench is lit on the dash. i haven't figured out how to retrieve codes or interpret codes. im new to the sxs. I will check into the cam scene now. Thank you all for the insight and knowledge. There isn't a whole lot out there

advertisement