Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

The VIPER V2 winch is the next evolution in the long-trusted VIPER line of ATV/UTV winches by MotoAlliance. Boasting a sleek design to match next-gen machines, sealed with an IP67 waterproof rating, and constructed with durable corrosion-resistant aluminum, V2 winches will handle whatever your outdoor lifestyle throws at them. Plus, every V2 comes with a wireless remote switch to make winching operations safer and more convenient.​

(BUY NOW)

Rock-Solid Construction​

The heavy-duty, solid aluminum body of the VIPER V2 will stand up to impacts and the elements alike, protecting the IP67-rated waterproof seals within. Stainless steel fasteners and hardware are used, further resisting rust and corrosion.

Cutting-Edge Design​

Laser-marking on the aluminum winch body and hawse results in a premium look and will also resist rust. The black stainless-steel clevis hook, “Moto blue” hand-saver strap, and “stealth” wiring (black coated wires) all help the winch look great on your machine.

Wireless Control​

VIPER V2 winches come standard with a wireless remote switch. The V2 wireless boasts an impressive range of 150 feet. An on-vehicle switch is also included in every kit (styles vary by machine).

USA-made AmSteel®-Blue Synthetic Rope​

Every VIPER V2 is hand-wound with top-of-the-line USA-made AmSteel®-Blue cable. AmSteel®-Blue is used in harsh marine environments and comes with a proprietary coating to resist sand, rust, salt, and rot. Plus, it has a low recoil and won’t develop sharp frays like steel cable.

Order yours today at Store.HondaSxS.com

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
3500 are great for rock crawlers or snow plows.
But I was running down a creek and hit soft sand and sunk it took two 4500's jogged simultaneously to get it out.
I need a snatch block but neither of us had one along.

J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just picked up a 2018 1000-5 deluxe. All stock and starting my upgrades. Winch is up there on the list. I anticipate the winch mostly used for raising and lowering a plow (also heard about issues with the angle from winch to plow), but there may be times I get stuck, or need to move a log out of the way, etc. So I'm thinking of replacing the bumper with one with a brush guard and winch mount, looking for advice on one of those as well. I'm also going to do a dual battery setup eventually to isolate the winch, but I've heard of issues of going too large with the winch and killing the battery, so looking for advice on the 'sweet spot'. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just picked up a 2018 1000-5 deluxe. All stock and starting my upgrades. Winch is up there on the list. I anticipate the winch mostly used for raising and lowering a plow (also heard about issues with the angle from winch to plow), but there may be times I get stuck, or need to move a log out of the way, etc. So I'm thinking of replacing the bumper with one with a brush guard and winch mount, looking for advice on one of those as well. I'm also going to do a dual battery setup eventually to isolate the winch, but I've heard of issues of going too large with the winch and killing the battery, so looking for advice on the 'sweet spot'. Advice is greatly appreciated.
There are alot of bumper options. If you want one with a brush guard the choices are a little slimmer.

With a dual battery setup you should be fine to run whatever winch you choose. I would recommend a 4500 or larger and I would recommend a name brand or brick store brand.

J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
alot of bumper options
You can say that again. I like both of those, the flush mount lights on the Wild Boar look sweet, but I'll likely need them the most when plowing, and those would be too low I'm afraid. Maybe I just rely on a light bar up top and call it good as far as lighting is concerned. I couldn't tell a weight from either one, just wondering how concerned I should be about overall weight I'll be adding as I put accessories on.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You would consider the Viper series to be in that realm? I definitely want to support the vendors who support the community.
I have always wanted a wide spool Viper from the store. I like supporting our store club. I always thought Viper was a name brand. The posts I found on here however seem that some people are having issues with them. Personally, when it comes time, I hope to have a wild boar bumper and Viper wide spool.

JasonBoh

JasonBoh

Mar 23, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a viper v2 wide spool 6000# winch and mounted it it per the directions on my 2021 1000-5. Once mounted I noticed a fairly decent angle that is going to cause the winch rope to rub the fairlead when using with the factory bumper. I can't respool the rope the other direction to reduce the angle because then the rope will rub the bracing on the winch itself . Will rubbing the fairlead hurt the winch rope? All other atv's and trucks Ive installed or used winches with, the spool and rope lined up almost perfectly with the fairlead hole in the bumpers. Thanks in advance for any help or advise

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a viper v2 wide spool 6000# winch and mounted it it per the directions on my 2021 1000-5. Once mounted I noticed a fairly decent angle that is going to cause the winch rope to rub the fairlead when using with the factory bumper. I can't respool the rope the other direction to reduce the angle because then the rope will rub the bracing on the winch itself . Will rubbing the fairlead hurt the winch rope? All other atv's and trucks Ive installed or used winches with, the spool and rope lined up almost perfectly with the fairlead hole in the bumpers. Thanks in advance for any help or advise
The OE bumper puts a nasty angle on any of the winches. Any rubbing will only make the rope less durable in the long run. It is an unfortunate design that can only be remedied by replacing the OE bumper.

JasonBoh

JasonBoh

Mar 23, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think instead of replacing the factory bumper. I have enough scrap/ spare parts I am going to try and double plate the factory fairlead hole and put a clevis in that spot. Then cut a new hole in the bottom and reinforce it with fairlead brackets inside and out that way the rope will only be able to touch the aluminum brackets. Worse case scenario I have to buy an aftermarket bumper because I ruined the original

Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently installed the V2 on my 1000-5 and the instructions don't say anything about installing a fuse or what size to use if you do. Any suggestions, as it seems to me there should be protection for the circuit, unless the contactor has a breaker internally, but either way, there is no mention of it in the instructions.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Typical winches are fuseless and connected directly to the battery. They pull huge amounts of power and require a steady flow of electricity. Typically you would install using some heavy duty wire and be mindful of your routing and thickness and inspect it often. If you want to add protection you would generally use a high flow circuit breaker. Depending on the size of the winch you would usually use something around the 250 amp range.

https://amazon.com/ANJOSHI-20A-300A-Waterproof-Inverter-12V-36VDC/dp/B07H9XSL55/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently installed the V2 on my 1000-5 and the instructions don't say anything about installing a fuse or what size to use if you do. Any suggestions, as it seems to me there should be protection for the circuit, unless the contactor has a breaker internally, but either way, there is no mention of it in the instructions.
Please read above post.

MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does anyone have a photo with the Viper V2 mounted to a Talon 1000x?

Looking to get a winch, are there better brands than Viper? I saw in this thread some say the viper has issues, but not sure if they was for the first model or the v2

Thanks in advance

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have a photo with the Viper V2 mounted to a Talon 1000x?

Looking to get a winch, are there better brands than Viper? I saw in this thread some say the viper has issues, but not sure if they was for the first model or the v2

Thanks in advance
Nothing is better than what is in the club store.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I cant tell if you are serious or not. In this forum I have read some people have issues with the Viper. IDK if its the V1 or V2, but none the less . Robo do you use the viper? How long have you had it? Any issues? Photos of it installed?
There were issues with the very first batch, but that's been resolved.
All other issues are fitment issues mostly on the Pioneer line.
I have the V2 on my Pioneer and Talon, but the talon has an aftermarket bumper so I can't comment personally.
But I can look today at the OEM bumper and let you know what I think.
I have sold a few for the Talon models.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I cant tell if you are serious or not. In this forum I have read some people have issues with the Viper. IDK if its the V1 or V2, but none the less . Robo do you use the viper? How long have you had it? Any issues? Photos of it installed?
All brands have issues. I've got a so called top of the line Warn Axon winch on my KRX and its starting to have issues. 22 months old. Out of that 22 months, it sat in my garage for 3 months waitng on a machine to put it on. 11 months at a dealers shop on a blown up machine. It's only been used maybe 6 times. I know another guy that has had 2 warn axon go bad. Blown Budget Offroad from youtube had the Axon go bad. The point is, it's definitely not gonna be you get what you pay for. I've got the honda warn on my 5 seater with no issues yet in 5 years. I also have one of the newer Viper winches from the club store on my 3 seater with no issues. I had the older design and busted the case on it. It still works as long as you pull in a straight line.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!