P500 Is the Badlands zxr 5000 too much winch for the P500??

Meyers

Meyers

Jul 22, 2020
Madison ohio
Ownership

1. 500
On sale at hfi

Reactions: Smitty335 and J80
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I can mount it. I was concerned about amp draw on the battery. The 3500 was 149 and the 5000 was 159.
I have the 3500 on my machine and it is plenty but if you can mount the 5000 is should work fine. The bigger winches typically have a wider drum and require a wider fair lead and mounting pad. I may be wrong but I believe the amp draw will depend on load and your machine is so light that unless you are completely sunk you probably will not draw any more amps than the smaller winch. One advantage to that bigger winch will be if it has a bigger drum you can re-spool it with smaller diameter rope and have a bunch of line in there. The only real disadvantage will be the extra weight .

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Only caution with big winches is the least strongest point against the pull. Mounting system or suspension component hard against an solid rock or root. (Almost same force as hooking a cable to the a arm - not good). A good thing is if they come with a longer cable. Badlands 3500 has been good for me x4 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: snakeriver

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!