P1000 Is the Pioneer too Advanced?

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Pioneer 1000 is a different machine then what alot of people are used to. It will take time for the users to get accustomed to it, whether its starting, shifting, paddle shift braking, manual vs auto when to use Hi or Lo etc.. If you dont ride much over 35 mph, Low manual is awesome, wanna go faster throw it into High. Wanna burn thru brakes (or clutches!): never use the paddle shifters.
The abiity to shift 12 F#*kin gears is the best asset of this machine. The general ATV SxS world is soo dumbed down because Polaris made everything automatic!! So any idiot can jump on a machine and hammer the throttle, if it breaks regardless of how sophisticated it is its the manufactures fault. Maybe the DCT (which has been around for years) is too smart for the SxS world? What will we do when the 2020 Pioneer has a seamless transmission and park assist!!

The price tags of these machines are rising just as fast as new truck prices and the technology is changing just as fast.Whether your a daily driver, a weekend warrior, a mudder or a rock crawler for a manufacture to build something that can please everyone is nearly impossible. Just 2 years ago I thought a SxS with 3 spds and a torque converter was the greatest thing since sliced bread, forked over 11K and said thats the most I'll ever pay for a "glorified four wheeler". 2 yrs later its 17K 12spds,dual clutches and paddle shifting!! Is the SxS world evolving faster then its users?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've thought the same thing. I'm trying to figure out how to not buy another one in a year or two.

I bought two pioneers in 2015 and I can't keep spending like that. Honda has to slow down because I'm too weak to say no!

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Pioneer 1000 is a different machine then what alot of people are used to. It will take time for the users to get accustomed to it, whether its starting, shifting, paddle shift braking, manual vs auto when to use Hi or Lo etc.. If you dont ride much over 35 mph, Low manual is awesome, wanna go faster throw it into High. Wanna burn thru brakes (or clutches!): never use the paddle shifters.
The abiity to shift 12 F#*kin gears is the best asset of this machine. The general ATV SxS world is soo dumbed down because Polaris made everything automatic!! So any idiot can jump on a machine and hammer the throttle, if it breaks regardless of how sophisticated it is its the manufactures fault. Maybe the DCT (which has been around for years) is too smart for the SxS world? What will we do when the 2020 Pioneer has a seamless transmission and park assist!!

The price tags of these machines are rising just as fast as new truck prices and the technology is changing just as fast.Whether your a daily driver, a weekend warrior, a mudder or a rock crawler for a manufacture to build something that can please everyone is nearly impossible. Just 2 years ago I thought a SxS with 3 spds and a torque converter was the greatest thing since sliced bread, forked over 11K and said thats the most I'll ever pay for a "glorified four wheeler". 2 yrs later its 17K 12spds,dual clutches and paddle shifting!! Is the SxS world evolving faster then its users?
Yea I,m sure your right. It is a friggin awesome machine and I just have to deal with something new and totally awesome. It definitely is hot and once I get more time to enjoy it hunting and with my family on camping trips I will wonder why I waited so long? Thanks for the reality check. Will have to get used to all those gear choices, learning curve, think time is on my side. Sure do like looking at it and adding more gizmos, just added a new a- oohga horn. :)

Reactions: Stauvo
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I don't own a p1k,m nor will i ever. it does have some features that I would like on my 700, but the p1k just seems to have to much stuff going on for me. I like simple, put the drive selector on the big D and drive is just so much easier that figuring out , do I want this mode or that mode, manual or automatic and so on. I know its a Honda and all, but in my eyes all the extra bells and whistles are just another thing to have mess up on you when your miles from nowhere.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just like the first king quads. Hi,lo,super low, 2wd, 4wd, diff lock, all 3 ranges affected the reverse as well. I had a 95. And it was awsome. That little 300 could do anything.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I don't own a p1k,m nor will i ever. it does have some features that I would like on my 700, but the p1k just seems to have to much stuff going on for me. I like simple, put the drive selector on the big D and drive is just so much easier that figuring out , do I want this mode or that mode, manual or automatic and so on. I know its a Honda and all, but in my eyes all the extra bells and whistles are just another thing to have mess up on you when your miles from nowhere.
ill bet any amount of money u have a flip phone!! am I right???

Reactions: UTRider and chadbo
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
as a matter of fact I don't, someone asked for opinions, I gave him mine.
Im just plain around guys no (snark) comments!!! I had to look that up it says "Combination of "snide" and "remark". Sarcastic comment(s).
Also snarky (adj.) and snakily (adv.) then I looked up (snide)derogatory or mocking in an indirect way. for the record I will never ask someone if they have a flip phone again. Ill have u know my Dad still has a flip phone and I truly respect him for sticking to his guns and screwing technology!! LOVE U GUYS TRUELY I DO A I APOLOGIZE FOR ALL WRONG DOING!!!!!

advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Screen Shot 2016 03 06 at 31009 PM

sometimes technology takes a crap on us I hope this isn't one of those times. I want to bring something up prior to buying pioneer 1000-5 I bought this!! In this case Honda had contracted a part for the transmission from a company and there were major problems so they immediately halted production and Issued a recall on all that had been produced, sent out new transmissions for honda to install on all that were still for sale and fixed all that had been sold. Honda has always been a reputable company and I have no reason to believe that will stop now!! all new 2015 snow blower design available again in late 2016

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the Title "Is the Pioneer too advanced?" is a loaded question to begin with.:eek::)

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
hang on!!! do u think it was snark?? I do I think it was snakily or snarkely lmao maybe snide!!
IMG 8742
just monkeying around!!! all good fun lol

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
lol would be kinda funny to have a sxs with carbs and a kick start

Reactions: dale5740
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
lol hell the first sxs had wooden wheels and a horse for a motor evolution my dear friend

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my house this what a snark is. My son is a guitar player:)
412PUaw9NeL AA160

Reactions: ohanacreek
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hang on!!! do u think it was snark?? I do I think it was snakily or snarkely lmao maybe snide!!View attachment 11345just monkeying around!!! all good fun lol
Simply put "smartass" that's why I was laughing...just for fun I really don't even disagree with not wanting more things breaking but I do so enjoy bells and whistles

Reactions: dale5740
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
some times its nice to take a step back for simplicity like I know a couple bracket racers taking fuel injection off and putting electrons on (carbs) cause thats what they like best with nitrous. WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT lol

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All right, I,m old school, don,t do much tweeting or other new age stuff, still like ro call,,speak to someone in person to get real story. What does Lmfao mean? I think lol means lots of luck? My wife thought it meant lots of love but I told here that would not make any sense in this forum, these are all no BS guys?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!