P700 Island Life

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just returned from a trip to Utila Island (one of the Bay Islands of Honduras). There are very few cars on Utila (I saw a few small delivery trucks, that's all). Transportation is by motorcycle (most under 150cc), ATV, mini-bike, UTV, golf cart, or tuk-tuk (their form of taxi). I saw lots of Honda bikes and Navi's, but not one Pioneer. I asked a guy that had a new Teryx 4 seat and he said he looked all over for a Pioneer, but could not find one anywhere on the mainland, so he settled for the Teryx. I showed him a picture of my 700-4, and he got a huge smile..."that's the one I wanted" he said. If I took mine there, I would be the "big man" on the island. It's a very cool place to see...a simpler life. Could be a nice retirement spot...hmmmmm

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just returned from a trip to Utila Island (one of the Bay Islands of Honduras). There are very few cars on Utila (I saw a few small delivery trucks, that's all). Transportation is by motorcycle (most under 150cc), ATV, mini-bike, UTV, golf cart, or tuk-tuk (their form of taxi). I saw lots of Honda bikes and Navi's, but not one Pioneer. I asked a guy that had a new Teryx 4 seat and he said he looked all over for a Pioneer, but could not find one anywhere on the mainland, so he settled for the Teryx. I showed him a picture of my 700-4, and he got a huge smile..."that's the one I wanted" he said. If I took mine there, I would be the "big man" on the island. It's a very cool place to see...a simpler life. Could be a nice retirement spot...hmmmmm
Sounds like you had a great time! :)

Reactions: sharp
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Fun times. Got any pics? ;)

Reactions: sharp
Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
7E58F897 E49B 4A21 B59D ADA2A9CD43F3
02BA8D96 DDAF 4F36 BA43 AC68CDD6DB43
FB6D4363 04E6 4394 B245 B6A773C616BC
A few pictures of the main street.

tonyc

tonyc

Jan 3, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
I recently returned from a trip to Aruba and I was AMAZED by the amount of Pioneers they had on the island! Everything from 700-2's and 4's to 1000's! They were all over... You would of thought they were shooting a Honda commercial. I wanted to rent one so bad, but time didn't permit. It appeared you could drive them everywhere. We recently purchased our 700-4 and I would point them out to my wife and say, "there's a reason they have all Honda's here"! Nothing but quality for them. It was pretty cool to see that many of them. It definitely further validated my decision to pick the Pioneer.

Reactions: Diverguy and TimG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!