P500 It’s here! 520

H

HondaTech

The 520 has new A arms, shocks, computer, etc. 1st and 2nd gears and both difs have a different part number. The ring and pinion gears are the same. The crankshaft is the same and both the quads Foreman and rancher also use the same crankshaft. I have some wonderful 50 inch trails so I'm buying one in April. The tires are way better plus I still have my 30 inch tires, wheels, and spacers for installing the 30's. With the 30's top speed was 46 mph and it would pull 5th gear on long mild up hills.

Roll Cage also different as well.

Appears the front diff is only a new number because of the pinion nose needle bearing, its a P520 specific part number.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
How weird is it that they made significant changes to the little guy but left us OG 700 guys stuck with more of the same? But I guess, people stopped trying to figure out the why's and what's with Honda a long time ago. #lowergear #turfmode

Reactions: Mudwing
TBea

TBea

Supporting Member
Dec 6, 2020
So. Cal.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I put a deposit down for one. My 1st SxS. I plan on putting on accessories, winch, front bumper, skid plate etc..

What style of skid plate would you recommend? I see one piece units and there's multiply separate units. I haven't see one for the 520 yet. Maybe the same mounts as the 500 units.

Reactions: Mudder and 500oneer
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I put a deposit down for one. My 1st SxS. I plan on putting on accessories, winch, front bumper, skid plate etc..

What style of skid plate would you recommend? I see one piece units and there's multiply separate units. I haven't see one for the 520 yet. Maybe the same mounts as the 500 units.
Go with a one piece UHMW.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 520 air box is all new with the intake on the passengers side under the bed. It may be better then the talon but I think it will be about the same. It will be easy to snorkel it up under the roof in clean air. It does have a mud cover over the stock intake but I expect the dust will be a problem. It may be a 2.5 inch tube but I think its a 3 inch tube either way it will be easy to extend it up to a clean air location. The 90 degree connector tube at the air box may make the bends real easy. I made 3 snorkels on the Pioneer 500 with a prefilter. The factory filter stays clean for around 10,000 to 15,000 miles. The prefilter needs replacement every 8,000 miles when located up under the roof.

2021 pioneer 520

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

Richocet rock sliders, then the plastic type for the center. The center span between the frame gives little support for the aluminum skids. Mine bowed up and rattled against an engine mount, bent back with a tractor.

316B2190 5BF9 4452 97A5 C32400C3F9D4 475A2DAA AF3A 47AA 9D69 07E262171DA0

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
WHOOPEE just whoopee . No power steering ,no front locker , same suspension travel , no more ground clearance , same seat , same little tires , same top end speed . What's the point ? OH WAIT ! A dump bed ....oh boy . o_Oo_O I am sure disappointed .
couldn't have said it better! I was hoping for a deluxe model better seat & nice wheels-power steering....but noooo a bed....yahoo

Reactions: Mudder
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!