Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
63358C7E 8DB3 4C16 B197 5EC0AE814C10
369EC442 9519 436E BD43 1FF6EF9A61B2
14136A5D 4E68 482F 9EE4 A8780C9C9DF9
Had a great Gathering/trail ride with @trigger and @tr005 and our crazy wife’s at my cottage in JoBurg, Mi. We have outside our door of the cabin literally a couple 100 yards a trail head called Crapo Trail. Trigger had ben there before but this was Tr005’s first bout with this Trail. The weekend seemed to start off shakey, we had a lot of Rain the night before and 80% rain in the forecast for the riding day. (Kept the dust down) The plan was if it was raining bad we would stay inside and play cards! Well the weather gods had lifted and we decided to ride! And ride we did. We rode for 7 hrs on trail and a total of 90 miles that went to Lovell’s, Grayling and Fredric then back to the the Main Crapo Trail. on the Back way to the cabin through some awesome water holes. We had to stop a few times due to Trigger electing not to put his full windshield on and getting pelted with what felt to him as small artillary Fire Lol. Now we are close to the Army National Guard in Grayling so driving those trails you don’t know what you’ll get! We ran into a convoy of war games early in the rout with live fire of AR15 artillery fire back in the woods of course, and the Soldiers were kind and let us go with the amazement on there faces as we waved and they looked at Trigeers and My Pioneers as they both look like a type of anfibious vehicles lol. We drove down some tank trails and found an awesome tank/humV hill to blast up and down on. Towards the end of the ride, we wound up driving 3-4 miles behind the same convoy of troop carriers (5) 1 with a .50 cal on top going 7-10mph out the trail back to the barrics for the night. When we got back to camp, we dodged the rain again once there cuz it came down hard. We were able to cook some ribs over charcoal, cowboy beans, cottage cheese and a fabulous pasta salad Steve’s wife Sue made with the Green noodles Steve was suspicious about! Lol. I didn’t get too many pics (having too much fun) and forgot my cam at home:rolleyes: but these guys got some good ones too they can post. As always..great friends and great ride. We have truly one of the best riding (group) friends out there on trail.;) 324BB623 3E3D 4EE1 A3D0 3D44155634F4

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 81690 View attachment 81687 View attachment 81689 Had a great Gathering/trail ride with @trigger and @tr005 and our crazy wife’s at my cottage in JoBurg, Mi. We have outside our door of the cabin literally a couple 100 yards a trail head called Crapo Trail. Trigger had ben there before but this was Tr005’s first bout with this Trail. The weekend seemed to start off shakey, we had a lot of Rain the night before and 80% rain in the forecast for the riding day. (Kept the dust down) The plan was if it was raining bad we would stay inside and play cards! Well the weather gods had lifted and we decided to ride! And ride we did. We rode for 7 hrs on trail and a total of 90 miles that went to Lovell’s, Grayling and Fredric then back to the the Main Crapo Trail. on the Back way to the cabin through some awesome water holes. We had to stop a few times due to Trigger electing not to put his full windshield on and getting pelted with what felt to him as small artillary Fire Lol. Now we are close to the Army National Guard in Grayling so driving those trails you don’t know what you’ll get! We ran into a convoy of war games early in the rout with live fire of AR15 artillery fire back in the woods of course, and the Soldiers were kind and let us go with the amazement on there faces as we waved and they looked at Trigeers and My Pioneers as they both look like a type of anfibious vehicles lol. We drove down some tank trails and found an awesome tank/humV hill to blast up and down on. Towards the end of the ride, we wound up driving 3-4 miles behind the same convoy of troop carriers (5) 1 with a .50 cal on top going 7-10mph out the trail back to the barrics for the night. When we got back to camp, we dodged the rain again once there cuz it came down hard. We were able to cook some ribs over charcoal, cowboy beans, cottage cheese and a fabulous pasta salad Steve’s wife Sue made with the Green noodles Steve was suspicious about! Lol. I didn’t get too many pics (having too much fun) and forgot my cam at home:rolleyes: but these guys got some good ones too they can post. As always..great friends and great ride. We have truly one of the best riding (group) friends out there on trail.;) View attachment 81688
Looks like fun. Have a great day all of you guys. And girls. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Remington
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That ride was a blast! We got poured on a couple of times to where me and the wife were just laughing our ass off at how soaked we were getting. But then it would let up and the wind and speed dried us off pretty quick. As with all the women in our group, she's a trooper!
Yeah, I think the military boys were digging it. Rolling through with our whips lit up and jamming some rock and roll gives them a little taste of home and the reason they fight. God bless all those guys!
Even in the pouring rain, good food, good friends, good times. I'd ride through hell with this group...wait I did at RRB! :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 81690 View attachment 81687 View attachment 81689 Had a great Gathering/trail ride with @trigger and @tr005 and our crazy wife’s at my cottage in JoBurg, Mi. We have outside our door of the cabin literally a couple 100 yards a trail head called Crapo Trail. Trigger had ben there before but this was Tr005’s first bout with this Trail. The weekend seemed to start off shakey, we had a lot of Rain the night before and 80% rain in the forecast for the riding day. (Kept the dust down) The plan was if it was raining bad we would stay inside and play cards! Well the weather gods had lifted and we decided to ride! And ride we did. We rode for 7 hrs on trail and a total of 90 miles that went to Lovell’s, Grayling and Fredric then back to the the Main Crapo Trail. on the Back way to the cabin through some awesome water holes. We had to stop a few times due to Trigger electing not to put his full windshield on and getting pelted with what felt to him as small artillary Fire Lol. Now we are close to the Army National Guard in Grayling so driving those trails you don’t know what you’ll get! We ran into a convoy of war games early in the rout with live fire of AR15 artillery fire back in the woods of course, and the Soldiers were kind and let us go with the amazement on there faces as we waved and they looked at Trigeers and My Pioneers as they both look like a type of anfibious vehicles lol. We drove down some tank trails and found an awesome tank/humV hill to blast up and down on. Towards the end of the ride, we wound up driving 3-4 miles behind the same convoy of troop carriers (5) 1 with a .50 cal on top going 7-10mph out the trail back to the barrics for the night. When we got back to camp, we dodged the rain again once there cuz it came down hard. We were able to cook some ribs over charcoal, cowboy beans, cottage cheese and a fabulous pasta salad Steve’s wife Sue made with the Green noodles Steve was suspicious about! Lol. I didn’t get too many pics (having too much fun) and forgot my cam at home:rolleyes: but these guys got some good ones too they can post. As always..great friends and great ride. We have truly one of the best riding (group) friends out there on trail.;) View attachment 81688
So Remi were you actually on army property at some point???

Reactions: Caper and Remington
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe it is State land that we were on. The Military uses it to conduct practice drills. There were gates across the trails in several places that they can close and there were signs posted about there activity. We weren’t to sure about one of them but they had a phone number on the posting and leave it to my wife she called and a range officer eventually told her we were good to go. It was pretty cool seeing them out there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I believe it is State land that we were on. The Military uses it to conduct practice drills. There were gates across the trails in several places that they can close and there were signs posted about there activity. We weren’t to sure about one of them but they had a phone number on the posting and leave it to my wife she called and a range officer eventually told her we were good to go. It was pretty cool seeing them out there.
Oh ok, that makes more sense now, thanks.

Reactions: Caper
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Exactly Hat @tr005 said. I’m 3 1/2 miles north of the base at my camp but we hear artillery fire from the range which is close by all the time or large bombs that shake the cabin sometimes and we have the air National Guard also that flies routinely i’m 3 1/2 miles north of the base at my camp but we hear artillery fire from the range which is close by all the time large bombs that shake the cabin sometimes and we have the air National Guard also that flies routinely A10 Warthogs and F 18’s on practice runs to get flight hours frequently over the cabin.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Exactly Hat @tr005 said. I’m 3 1/2 miles north of the base at my camp but we hear artillery fire from the range which is close by all the time or large bombs that shake the cabin sometimes and we have the air National Guard also that flies routinely i’m 3 1/2 miles north of the base at my camp but we hear artillery fire from the range which is close by all the time large bombs that shake the cabin sometimes and we have the air National Guard also that flies routinely A10 Warthogs and F 18’s on practice runs to get flight hours frequently over the cabin.
Wow, hopefully not at night. Side note, looking at the foliage. It looks like you have an evergreen/hardwood mix?? Do I see Hemlock??

Reactions: Caper and Remington
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wow, hopefully not at night. Side note, looking at the foliage. It looks like you have an evergreen/hardwood mix?? Do I see Hemlock??
Yup we do! A lot of oaks as well.
Also, at night usually till 10pm we will get fly overs, but there only out about an hr at a time

Reactions: Montecresto
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Man I love those A-10’s . A neighbor of mine lived in Kuwait when Sadam took it over. He said he had a call the night before from the ‘Agency ‘ telling him to get his family and leave. He thought ‘ he’ll never invade.’ 9:00 that night. Man he has some stories. But back to the A10 . He walked the highway that Sadam tried to escape and go back to Iraq but the A10’s caught him. His army. My neighbor said everything and everyone burnt. And I can remember seeing it on tv. I think they shoot something like a Falanx, close to 1000 rounds of 50 cal armour piercing explosive rounds a second. Crazy. When your Airforce was test the Osprey, the plane that lands like a helicopter with two propeller’s , flew right over my house. LOUD. Won’t be sneaking up on any body with that. Haha Love it. My daughter ‘s husband is in our Airforce. Yeah. But she lives in Cold Lake Alberta and they had a huge air show yesterday. Had a F22 a B52 and all kinds of cool stuff, love it. She’s going to send me videos. Cool
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
That ride was a blast! We got poured on a couple of times to where me and the wife were just laughing our ass off at how soaked we were getting. But then it would let up and the wind and speed dried us off pretty quick. As with all the women in our group, she's a trooper!
Yeah, I think the military boys were digging it. Rolling through with our whips lit up and jamming some rock and roll gives them a little taste of home and the reason they fight. God bless all those guys!
Even in the pouring rain, good food, good friends, good times. I'd ride through hell with this group...wait I did at RRB! :D
Trigger, up here we get everyone’s rain. It comes across the country and comes up the coast. Haha. I have a bunch of rain gear at the camp. Just in case. So lots of mud too. Haha
Caper

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Man I love those A-10’s . A neighbor of mine lived in Kuwait when Sadam took it over. He said he had a call the night before from the ‘Agency ‘ telling him to get his family and leave. He thought ‘ he’ll never invade.’ 9:00 that night. Man he has some stories. But back to the A10 . He walked the highway that Sadam tried to escape and go back to Iraq but the A10’s caught him. His army. My neighbor said everything and everyone burnt. And I can remember seeing it on tv. I think they shoot something like a Falanx, close to 1000 rounds of 50 cal armour piercing explosive rounds a second. Crazy. When your Airforce was test the Osprey, the plane that lands like a helicopter with two propeller’s , flew right over my house. LOUD. Won’t be sneaking up on any body with that. Haha Love it. My daughter ‘s husband is in our Airforce. Yeah. But she lives in Cold Lake Alberta and they had a huge air show yesterday. Had a F22 a B52 and all kinds of cool stuff, love it. She’s going to send me videos. Cool
Caper
They spoil that 30mm gun up sometimes when they fly by. Very loud like a car going over the rumble strips on the road but 50 times louder

Reactions: Caper
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!