P700m4 Just converted

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just put my down payment on a 2017 silver 700-4 deluxe. I have a brand new set of Kimpex wss4 tracks at home already just have to order an adapter kit to fit them. I also kept my 72" motoalliance Denali pro plow and ordered the mount for the new ride along with a 4000lb viper winch with synthetic rope. I plan on getting a uni filter with the skin as well as a highlifter lift kit. I already have a second battery set up and a light bar ready to go.

Once the wife lets me I plan on getting a split windshield and a full soft cab enclosure. Any other recommendations?

I was thinking instead of the lift maybe get commander shocks that give it lift and a better ride?

PS: I'm coming from a 2013 commander 1000xt but needed more room for riders (kids) and I mostly just plow an cruise back roads and trails.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the club and congratulations! Definitely go the commander shock route instead of a lift. No question.
I second this.
The commander shacks are kinda hard to find since everyone wants them. The fox shocks are also great but more pricy.

Oh yeah, Welcome. Post pictures. Especially before and after each mod.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just put my down payment on a 2017 silver 700-4 deluxe. I have a brand new set of Kimpex wss4 tracks at home already just have to order an adapter kit to fit them. I also kept my 72" motoalliance Denali pro plow and ordered the mount for the new ride along with a 4000lb viper winch with synthetic rope. I plan on getting a uni filter with the skin as well as a highlifter lift kit. I already have a second battery set up and a light bar ready to go.

Once the wife lets me I plan on getting a split windshield and a full soft cab enclosure. Any other recommendations?

I was thinking instead of the lift maybe get commander shocks that give it lift and a better ride?

PS: I'm coming from a 2013 commander 1000xt but needed more room for riders (kids) and I mostly just plow an cruise back roads and trails.
Hey welcome to the forum. The 700 is a great machine but I'm glad you're already looking for shocks that was by far my biggest complaint on that rig, and there sure weren't many lol. We went Fox and it really was night/day. Added 10mph in the rough and much more control! Coming from the 1000 it definitely has less power but I'm sure you're aware of that, however dependability it's incredible!!!

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey welcome to the forum. The 700 is a great machine but I'm glad you're already looking for shocks that was by far my biggest complaint on that rig, and there sure weren't many lol. We went Fox and it really was night/day. Added 10mph in the rough and much more control! Coming from the 1000 it definitely has less power but I'm sure you're aware of that, however dependability it's incredible!!!
I did take the 1000 for a ride but the tranny seemed to shift hard. I waited for the 700 deluxe model to come in so I could try it and it just seemed smoother and less "clunky". Also, the first 1000 we jumped in started and stalled and wouldn't start again! Bad omen maybe? While power is always nice to have I just feel I didn't need it and it was more of a luxury. I'll be able to use the $3500 i save from buying the 700 for aftermarket goodies.

As far as shocks go I may grab a set ofnhe stage 1 Elka or a used set of commanders if I can find them cheap but everyone with a Honda seems to scarf them up pretty quick.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The 1000 does shift hard but only new. It smooths out like any Honda. The 700 smooths out nicely too you'll see.
I definitely can't speak for other shocks in the 700 and I know anything would help. When we did shocks it was a completely different vehicle.
I do really like the power of the 1000 but I'll say also we put 2600 on the 700 even pulled a tent trailer deep into the hills in lk Chelan Wa. and it did it. Never a problem EVER! Incredible rig especially dependability!!

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
The 1000 does shift hard but only new. It smooths out like any Honda. The 700 smooths out nicely too you'll see.
I definitely can't speak for other shocks in the 700 and I know anything would help. When we did shocks it was a completely different vehicle.
I do really like the power of the 1000 but I'll say also we put 2600 on the 700 even pulled a tent trailer deep into the hills in lk Chelan Wa. and it did it. Never a problem EVER! Incredible rig especially dependability!!
Dependability it what I'm looking for. Never had an issue with my can am either but I take care of my toys. As long as I can plow and go for a woods cruise I'll be happy. We usually have an annual cruise that gets a little sketchy in a few places but we had an old ranger 700 and a pioneer 700 with us a couple years back. The only other machine besides my commander that made it through everything was that pioneer! A lot of these trails comes down to driving skill ;)

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 2013
IMG 2012

All polished & awaiting pickup! (2017 700-4 Deluxe Silver)

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I actually think that Deluxe P700 is the best looking UTV Honda makes.

I'd love to see it with side panels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crow_Hunter