Just got P500

F

friscoguy

Sep 13, 2014
Haven't really used it much yet - but seems like it will do well at the hunting lease. I've got 26" mudrebels on it with 14" wheels, hardtop, and the cargo tray. couple of things.

Got the cargo tray yesterday - seems pretty useless. Why is the backside of it open?

Bought a warn winch and can't find a decent mounting option for it. I guess I'll just have to wait a while or custom fab something for it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Frisco,
Welcome to the community. I don't get much use out of my sxs either. But im super glad I bought it.
Looking at the 500 winch mount it seems simple to build your own.
Did you see the one from strong made.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks.

F

friscoguy

Sep 13, 2014
Hondasxs said:
Frisco,
Welcome to the community. I don't get much use out of my sxs either. But im super glad I bought it.
Looking at the 500 winch mount it seems simple to build your own.
Did you see the one from strong made.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks.

Thanks hondasxs. I Saw the strongmade mount, seems like that would attach the winch but don't think it addresses mounting the fairlead. Seems the winch line would easily hit the sheet metal on the bumper. If you have wire line you'd tear up the bumper at an angle, with syn rope (what I have) it would likely ruin the rope.

C

Crookedcreek

Aug 25, 2014
The pictures I saw a while back of the original prototype (as noted on the photo) tray looked more symmetrical with the back having a lip like the front. I'm just guessing that Honda (in the final design) thought it would be easier to load/unload by sliding rather than lift over the back and securing the load with straps or ?...again, just guessing.
I'm hoping that KFI will have their winch mount in about 1 1/2 to 2 months or so, based on their answer to my question on the subject. I'm looking to have one before snow season hits in my area....fingers crossed!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!