TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got back from CNB bank on Summerhill Road

They've known me for forty years at that bank.

I walked in with a sheet folded in thirds so it was about four inches wide .

I had cash paperclipped to it.

I carried it in my left hand.

I put it up in the counter and they lady had been there thirty years. She's known me as long time.

She made a pretty LOUD, surprised noise !!

She apologized and said, "I had no idea you could move your hand or arm.". ,,," I said why's that?"

She said, "Well..... You know, I mean you had that stroke.... And

.. uh... I haven't seen you move it in a long time."

I told her... THAT'S NOT ME.

THAT'S AMANDA'S DOING.

Amanda is my neuro occupational therapist

I told her about Amanda.

The good and the, well, you know, the part where when I get going kinda good in one direction... Pow, she swerves me and changes it up and it's something I really maximally struggle to try to do. Like back to square one. Then she shows me things and I go home and work hard to get better for the next session.

She asked if Amanda had wings. She proclaimed... SHE'S AN ANGEL .

OKAY, you need to meet her before we go too far down that road

Seriously... THAT was pretty cool.

I have a TENS unit for electrical stimulation of my fingers, arm, and shoulder.
A mirror box that I put my affected hand in and do things with my normal hand... And it looks like my left hand is doing it. It's really strange to see that cause it looks real. IT tricks your brain to send impulses to the affected hand and rebuild the neural pathway.

I have elastics to pull, push and to things that attach to a door to pull against.

An arm bike that sits on a table and I pedal with my hands for my hand, wrist arm and shoulder.

I have a little plastic thing that I hold and each finger has to push against its own spring. That way each finger's neural pathway is stimulated.

And, other things.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I put it up in the counter and they lady had been there thirty years. She's known me as long time.

She apologized and said, "I had no idea you could move your hand or arm.". ,,," I said why's that?"

THAT'S AMANDA'S DOING.

I told her about Amanda.

The good and the, well, you know, the part where when I get going kinda good in one direction... Pow, she swerves me and changes it up and it's something I really maximally struggle to try to do. Like back to square one. Then she shows me things and I go home and work hard to get better for the next session.

A mirror box that I put my affected hand in and do things with my normal hand... And it looks like my left hand is doing it. It's really strange to see that cause it looks real. IT tricks your brain to send impulses to the affected hand and rebuild the neural pathway.

I have elastics to pull, push and to things that attach to a door to pull against.

An arm bike that sits on a table and I pedal with my hands for my hand, wrist arm and shoulder.

I have a little plastic thing that I hold and each finger has to push against its own spring. That way each finger's neural pathway is stimulated.

And, other things.

Pretty amazing what the brain can relearn with enough time and effort by the person trying to make it happen for themselves.

Congrats sir!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

THAT'S AMANDA'S DOING.

I told her about Amanda.

And, other things.

Very happy to hear things are getting better! Keep it up!

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

THAT'S AMANDA'S DOING.

I told her about Amanda.

And, other things.

Sounds like Amanda is an angel but it is you that is working to improve and you should be proud of that. Some don't put the effort in for their rehab and don't get better. Keep going!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

THAT'S AMANDA'S DOING.

I told her about Amanda.

And, other things.

Awesome that YOU and your angel have made such great progress. Keep up the good work 🙏🙏

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

THAT'S AMANDA'S DOING.

I told her about Amanda.

And, other things.

Keep up the good work!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Way to put in the hard work @TxDoc!!! Most in your situation end up giving in and excepting they will never be better than where they are at (my father in law is one of those).

Excellent work @TxDoc 👍🏼

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

THAT'S AMANDA'S DOING.

I told her about Amanda.

And, other things.

Congrats on the progress Doc!! 👍 Keep it moving!! 😉

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!