K&N intake

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
My thinking is a properly oiled foam filter with an outerwear keeps the larger particles off the oiled section underneath and can be brushed off the outerwear skin. This help the flow over a longer service period
agree 100%

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Yea i'm planning on doing the snorkel. Just apprehensive about cutting some plastic out.
You shouldn't have too.... Depends on how you route it. No need to cut anything body wise if you do it the way I did. If you have a P4 look at Joey's pics. It's the same set up as mine...

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A word of caution on the K&N filters. They stop in the neighnorhood of 97% of dust vs. "paper" style filters that stop in excess of 99% of dust. If you're riding in dusty conditions that can be the difference between a healthy motor and a major repair bill.

Where do you ride thats not dusty?
I'm gonna have to stay away from these.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!