P1000 Kenda Bear Claw

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have an opinion on the Kenda Bear Claws? After my last trip out to my hunting property, I had to plug 3 tires. Looking for something pretty durable with a good tread pattern. I don't do a ton of riding in the mud (at least not on purpose), but I need a good all around tire that can handle rocky terrain and get me out of the mud when it rain during hunting season. Thanks for any input y'all might have.

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have an opinion on the Kenda Bear Claws? After my last trip out to my hunting property, I had to plug 3 tires. Looking for something pretty durable with a good tread pattern. I don't do a ton of riding in the mud (at least not on purpose), but I need a good all around tire that can handle rocky terrain and get me out of the mud when it rain during hunting season. Thanks for any input y'all might have.
I had the BearClaw HTR's. I have no experience with the standard BearClaws.
The HTR's are a very tough tire that are relatively lightweight for an 8ply. They measure true, or tall, compared to others. They do great on rocks, ruts, and roots. They are better than OEM in mud, but not the best at cleaning out once caked up. However, I am not a mudder so they were perfect for my application. I could run over dried out, cut corn stalks at 25 mph and not break a sweat about a flat. They grabbed great in soggy, wet corn and soybean fields as well. They are an awesome tire IMO - especially for the price and what you get out of them.

Reactions: jasontjames
jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the BearClaw HTR's. I have no experience with the standard BearClaws.
The HTR's are a very tough tire that are relatively lightweight for an 8ply. They measure true, or tall, compared to others. They do great on rocks, ruts, and roots. They are better than OEM in mud, but not the best at cleaning out once caked up. However, I am not a mudder so they were perfect for my application. I could run over dried out, cut corn stalks at 25 mph and not break a sweat about a flat. They grabbed great in soggy, wet corn and soybean fields as well. They are an awesome tire IMO - especially for the price and what you get out of them.

Great info. I looked back and it is the HTR's that I was looking at. I can get a set of 28's for $554 plus shipping. I was also looking at the Rocktane XD-K's. They say that they have 3x the puncture resistance. If that is true then the extra $96 for a set of those might be worth it.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the standard Bear Claws on a Honda Rancher. They were a good tire!! I had zero complaints!

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I have the HTRs on my 500 and they are great. You might want to check the load rating, I cant find info on 28s, but the smaller sizes probably wouldnt be adequate. Figure out what your rig weighs fully loaded and divide by 4.

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies. I ended up going with the Rocktane XD-K's. I wanted to go with a 10" tire on all four and the Kenda doesn't offer a 28x10x14

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!