P1000 KFI Plow and mount installed finally

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well finally after ordering my FKI plow from UTVHeadquarters on Jan 3rd I just got my mount to get the plow on. Had to ship two but atleast I got one of them lol. Install is stupid easy only concern is the bolts for the mount to bolt to the pioneer seem very cheap and Im pretty sure are about to break they all seemed to get a little loose right when I was getting them tight so I stopped. The mount is secure but Im going to do some double checking every so often so see how many sheer off. Im probably going to have to drill the thread outs and just use nuts instead of threading them into the pioneer. Hopefully all four of them don't break at once and plow falls off lol. But we'll see should def beat a snow shovel!!

Snapchat 1385290010651135512

Reactions: AKRider and Eltobgi
Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well finally after ordering my FKI plow from UTVHeadquarters on Jan 3rd I just got my mount to get the plow on. Had to ship two but atleast I got one of them lol. Install is stupid easy only concern is the bolts for the mount to bolt to the pioneer seem very cheap and Im pretty sure are about to break they all seemed to get a little loose right when I was getting them tight so I stopped. The mount is secure but Im going to do some double checking every so often so see how many sheer off. Im probably going to have to drill the thread outs and just use nuts instead of threading them into the pioneer. Hopefully all four of them don't break at once and plow falls off lol. But we'll see should def beat a snow shovel!!

View attachment 32120
You must have been in the same boat as me. Got my KFI set up last week.(backordered) Quality of the product is top notch. I too was worried about the mounting bolts, we'll see what happens. I think they'll hold up to more than we think. All i need now is some snow.....

Reactions: Eltobgi
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
yeah I mean the mount is stupid simple, and the mount itself seems really nice. BUT if you've ever felt a bolt break, it felt like they were getting lose. But we'll see I had to dremel the holes out a little bit so maybe it was once they were almost home they seated thierself correctly into the hole and the mount itself wasn't putting tension on the bolts anymore. But yeah, now I need snow lol

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Come to ND and take all you want, I am over it! One Forecast Model shows the potential for up to 16" by Tuesday night. I'm hoping it is wrong!

Reactions: JTW
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
have you guys taken any pictures of the mount installed? i can't see what your talking about.I know its irrelevant but I have an eagle plow on my 700 their mount uses the two lower bumper bolts (m10's) and 4 3/8" bolts up through the bottom. I was concerned with the two m10 getting sheared off. I checked everything this fall after plowing last winter with it and I left the mount on all summer and it took quite a few hits from bottoming out on rocks over the summer and everything was still tight.

Last edited:
Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
have you guys taken any pictures of the mount installed? i can't see what your talking about.I know its irrelevant but I have an eagle plow on my 700 their mount uses the two lower bumper bolts (m10's) and 4 3/8" bolts up through the bottom. I was concerned with the two m10 getting sheared off. I checked everything this fall after plowing last winter with it and I left the mount on all summer and it took quite a few hits from bottoming out on rocks over the summer and everything was still tight.
P1K has 4 holes in the frame specifically for a plow mount. Just tighten and go, but this plow set up is HEAVY....so I guess we'll see how she holds. I'll post some pics up in a few.

Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Come to ND and take all you want, I am over it! One Forecast Model shows the potential for up to 16" by Tuesday night. I'm hoping it is wrong!
The past couple of years, February has been tough here in VA....I would like to see at least one plowable snow for this year....
I don't need to be getting buried, I work outside....can't do much drilling in the snow...

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Lift using multiple pulleys! Easier on the winch and slows lift to avoid damage!
IMG 6418

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Is it just me or is the KFI system forward by close to a foot?

Here is the 72" Moose HD for comparison
IMG 6417

Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it does look like it sticks out a little farther than the moose set up.
Supposed to be in the 50's and 60's this week....doesn't look like I'll be using it anytime soon....

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks like you're going to have to call and have a truck load of fresh gravel brought in to use the plow! Lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!