P500 KFI rear bumper

D

DuffyPost

Aug 12, 2022
Fairmont, MN
Ownership

1. 520
I just installed this bumper, couldn't be easier and I like the looks of it over the Honda bumper. Well made, I would recommend it. Made here in Spring Valley Minnesota!
IMG 0171

W

wtmcminn

Aug 10, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
Love the look that adds to the machine. Other than the aesthetic, what is the operational benefit to having a rear bumper? Meaning, what am I not thinking about that could happen from the rear that a bumper would help avoid?

Reactions: Lady01
Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Love the look that adds to the machine. Other than the aesthetic, what is the operational benefit to having a rear bumper? Meaning, what am I not thinking about that could happen from the rear that a bumper would help avoid?
Going on trails and such not so much but I tell ya sitting at a stoplight in traffic Its at least some protection. Better than nothing. Plus it looks Cool. ;)

Last edited:
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
2 reasons I can think of
1> trying to do a 30-point turn around on a trail and not having to worry about trees/stumps messing up the rear end
2> getting rear-ended by another driver. Short story: Probably 10 years back, my cousin borrowed an old beat-up ATV I had. It had some half-assed home-made front/rear pushbar kinda bumpers on it. Looked like crap, but they were solid. She was out with some of her friends, one of which had borrowed his dad's brand new artic cat ATV. The kid didn't know how to ride very well, and ended up rear-ending my cousin.
Total cost of repair: $1 for some spray paint VS over $3 grand for the new 'cat. Messed up all the plastics on the front end, busted headlights tweaked the frame etc. It may have suffered less damage if I didn't have the bumper on the back of my atv, but then it would have probbly done a crapload of damage to both, instead of just one.
The really hilarious part, the other kid's dad tried to sue me as "the owner of the atv that caused the crash because the vehicle had a non-functional brake light"

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Jackal backed into me at the TO a few years ago. Probably my fault, should've given him more room. He was lining up to send it through hell and I was crowding him. Hit my brush guard on the front, didn't bend it but scratched it. No big deal, I've never even touched it up. If not for the brush guard though, could've taken out my headlight. Bumpers are money well spent.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!