Talon Kinda Disappointed

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
Brought home the Talon R today. Going over it, the welds on cage look OK but Honda did not clean the weld splatter before painting. Looks like crap compared to what it would have with 10 minutes of prep before painting. Rest of car looks great.

I have to agree with others about all the places that will have to be filled / covered to stop dust in cab.

Still think I will like car LOL

H

hooligan-adv

Mar 19, 2019
Hannibal, MO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have you ever looked at a Polaris up close? Check over the cage/frame welds on one and then look at your Honda, you'll probably be less disappointed. Most of the time we have to run a tap through bolt holes to remove slag when assembling them off the truck.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
yes I gave up on Polaris in 2014 because of Mechanical stuff let alone fit & finish. Had issue with Fuel pump that was squalling louder than engine at 30 MPH and they told me they would not fix until I got stranded. We are talking a 3 month old unit with 4 years more warranty but they did not care

H

hooligan-adv

Mar 19, 2019
Hannibal, MO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
TBH, we usually do this do the Pioneers as well, but its due to paint most of the time.
Oh yea, we do too but it's always just a paint issue. Polaris's will literally have bunches of weld splatter you have to knock out before even running a tap through to clean the paint from the threads.

Reactions: VaHillbilly
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
oh well, by the time I get all the crap bolted on (front & rear windshield, rear light bar, corner bags, mirrors, fire ext, & maybe tire carrier or radio) there won't be much showing anyway LOL

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Brought home the Talon R today. Going over it, the welds on cage look OK but Honda did not clean the weld splatter before painting. Looks like crap compared to what it would have with 10 minutes of prep before painting. Rest of car looks great.

Here's a pic of a piece of weldwire that was left sticking out and was then painted over. No excuse for this lack of quality inspection at weld, at weld clean up, at paint, and then at final inspection.

20190420 100346

I expect better from Honda. I'm not a great welder, but I would have never left something like this. Nonetheless, I'm very pleased with my Talon in most respects.

Steve

Adam_20_Adam

Adam_20_Adam

Aug 25, 2019
Western Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Anyone know where to get the jalapeno Orange touch up paint for my talon 4 seater roll cage?
Adam

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!