P1000 Kolpin Steel Roof/SATV Flip up Windshield

L

Lewy44

Aug 4, 2020
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anybody have any experience with the Kolpin steel roofs? Trying to determine if it will work with my existing Superatv flip up windshield. Only looking at the Kolpin or Bad Dawg type roofs due to height restrictions for my 2020 1k5.

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anybody have any experience with the Kolpin steel roofs? Trying to determine if it will work with my existing Superatv flip up windshield. Only looking at the Kolpin or BigDawg type roofs due to height restrictions for my 2020 1k5.
I wish I had an answer for you but I’m not sure.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the Tusk roof from RMATV.
So far its been fine.
I sealed the bolt holes with some silicone to prevent any drips. No rattling yet, seems pretty well made.
height is an issue for me too. with 30s (no lift) it barely clears the garage door.
had to remove the upper windshield clamps, make a bracket, and move them to the net mounting holes to make it work.

IMG 3901
IMG 3903

L

Lewy44

Aug 4, 2020
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the Tusk roof from RMATV.
So far its been fine.
I sealed the bolt holes with some silicone to prevent any drips. No rattling yet, seems pretty well made.
height is an issue for me too. with 30s (no lift) it barely clears the garage door.
had to remove the upper windshield clamps, make a bracket, and move them to the net mounting holes to make it work.

View attachment 217410View attachment 217414
That roof mounting clamps was exactly what I was concerned about. I like what you did there with the new bracket...I might have to borrow that idea for mine now.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That roof mounting clamps was exactly what I was concerned about. I like what you did there with the new bracket...I might have to borrow that idea for mine now.
I got that idea from someone else on the forum anyway. thats what its here for.
Just FYI that angle is a bit over 90 deg. if you use angle iron you will have to open it up a little. I used 3/16 angle and just hit it a couple times w a hand maul and it worked out good.

L

Lewy44

Aug 4, 2020
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got that idea from someone else on the forum anyway. thats what its here for.
Just FYI that angle is a bit over 90 deg. if you use angle iron you will have to open it up a little. I used 3/16 angle and just hit it a couple times w a hand maul and it worked out good.

How much does your roof stick out above the roll cage?

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much does your roof stick out above the roll cage?
i think about 1" or less
the base sits probably less than 1/4" above the cage, and then the sides are bent up maybe 1/2"-3/4"

J

Jacob2

Oct 21, 2018
Pima, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anybody have any experience with the Kolpin steel roofs? Trying to determine if it will work with my existing Superatv flip up windshield. Only looking at the Kolpin or Bad Dawg type roofs due to height restrictions for my 2020 1k5.

Did you ever get the Kolpin steel roof? I am interested in getting one also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!