Talon Krash Offroad

H

HondaTech

Shout out to this guy for the amazing cage on my GMs Talon R. It's not finished just yet, but here's what we've seen so far.

Would anyone be interesting in purchasing a cage if you could have it installed before you picked your new unit up? We're thinking of trying to get these in our shop to have available at new unit purchase or to sale/install on the machine you already own. Will have a roof included, available in 3 heights, cage will be powder coated prior to delivery.
20191225 172701

Last edited:
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Chandy does incredible work. I'm guessing that if you had at least one cage in stock so people could see them you'd definitely be able to sell them. Changes the entire look of the buggy not to mention the step up in safety. Have y'all tried and of the half windshields on them? Doubt the hardware for the Honda half would jive but guessing something like the SATV half would work fine.

Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
WTXoffroader

WTXoffroader

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Kermit, TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
I probably would have if given the option. I'm not a fan of the way the factory cage looks.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I like it... I think like most folks... it all depends on price. Most of us have those initial items we want but add as we go along. However, I’m not one to finance much less finance toys... BUT, if it’s packaged with the machine and can be financed with the purchase, I’d say you’d sell a s*** ton in today’s day and time.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@HondaTech I'd be willing to bet you could and would sell them if they're readily available and where they can be seen and test fitted for headroom.

I'll also second @TerryH - everything Krash Offroad/Chandy makes is of exceptional build quality and I anticipate having him start me a cage later this winter.

Reactions: TerryH
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
@HondaTech I'd be willing to bet you could and would sell them if they're readily available and where they can be seen and test fitted for headroom.

I'll also second @TerryH - everything Krash Offroad/Chandy makes is of exceptional build quality and I anticipate having him start me a cage later this winter.

I would absolutely buy one of Chandy's cages if I didn't have an exceptional cage builder local to me. Mine goes in after the first for it's new cage. :eek:)

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would absolutely buy one of Chandy's cages if I didn't have an exceptional cage builder local to me. Mine goes in after the first for it's new cage. :eek:)

Looking forward to seeing it (in presumably a YouTube video) installed. Just have to get myself talked into being willing to switch back to stock cage/accessories for the cold months with my machine.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looking forward to seeing it (in presumably a YouTube video) installed. Just have to get myself talked into being willing to switch back to stock cage/accessories for the cold months with my machine.

Yes to the video. I want to do a lot of in process clips to show how the cage is done but will be out of town the last half of January for work and then for my daughter graduating from officer school on the Navy so not sure how much of that there will be.

When it's really cold we will be by the fire at home. :eek:

Reactions: jasond
T

TalonOrOff

Oct 20, 2019
So. IL
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I know some aftermarket cages you can run their windshields with, but that’s probably about it as far as enclosure is concerned? I want the protection of the cage but would like the ability to hold a little heat in the cab

Reactions: jasond
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know some aftermarket cages you can run their windshields with, but that’s probably about it as far as enclosure is concerned? I want the protection of the cage but would like the ability to hold a little heat in the cab

I've seen a lot of guys go to custom enclosure/upholstery shops to have enclosures made for custom cages. I've never personally done business with them, but I know several RZR guys speak highly of CEC Enclosures. They're the zip-up kind so they don't open/close with the door hinge, but it'd certainly do the trick to keep heat in.

A friend and I fabricated a door frame that hinges open with his stock RZR doors and he attached a canvas zip-up enclosure so his opens with the door now. I'll have to grab you some pictures the next time we ride if you'd like to see that.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
T

TalonOrOff

Oct 20, 2019
So. IL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I've seen a lot of guys go to custom enclosure/upholstery shops to have enclosures made for custom cages. I've never personally done business with them, but I know several RZR guys speak highly of CEC Enclosures. They're the zip-up kind so they don't open/close with the door hinge, but it'd certainly do the trick to keep heat in.

A friend and I fabricated a door frame that hinges open with his stock RZR doors and he attached a canvas zip-up enclosure so his opens with the door now. I'll have to grab you some pictures the next time we ride if you'd like to see that.

Awesome thanks for the advice. I thought about reinforcing the stock cage so I could run the honda enclosure parts, but I'd feel a lot safer w/ an aftermarket cage above my head especially seeing on the fb group how thin the stocker is. I saw an aftermarket that had their own windshield and then your could run the window nets. I thought maybe someone could fab up something clear and solid in place of the nets to hold more heat in, just spit balling here.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Awesome thanks for the advice. I thought about reinforcing the stock cage so I could run the honda enclosure parts, but I'd feel a lot safer w/ an aftermarket cage above my head especially seeing on the fb group how thin the stocker is. I saw an aftermarket that had their own windshield and then your could run the window nets. I thought maybe someone could fab up something clear and solid in place of the nets to hold more heat in, just spit balling here.

Companies like Team Tech and PRP among others make custom side nets. We'll be getting some made for our custom cage. The nets are a necessity in the tight, wooded trails that we regularly ride.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Which local builder are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

I didnt get to snap a picture of it yet but we got to see the completed cage in person today. What a difference it makes even just sitting in the Talon. It feels so much more enclosed and looks so much meaner.

Will be posting pictures Monday if it's still at the shop. Meanwhile check out his Instagram to see the mostly finished product.

strubby

strubby

Jan 9, 2020
Central FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Cage looks awesome. I will 100% be doing one on this car.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!