P1000 LE Owners - any concerns with spring rate?

B

bldmtnrider

Jan 8, 2021
Longmont, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question to the LE owners out there - any concerns with your spring rate? I am kicking around which shock to buy and keep coming back to the Fox shocks. How do your machines ride when loaded?

I'm usually out with my wife, 2 kids, a dog, cooler, extra gas and water, plus the weight of all the add-ons, just curious if I am going to be bottoming out without the load leveling shocks that I currently have.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Actually that question can be for all fox shock owners, there not just on LE’s lol.
I say for what your doing just get the fox, best bang for your buck imo. You can always add preload to the shock to fit your needs. Or different springs thats what i did when the pre load on the original spring weren't enough for the load I had added later. Rebound depends on your setting 1,2 or 3 and that depends on the terrain your on as well.

R

rickoshea

Question to the LE owners out there - any concerns with your spring rate? I am kicking around which shock to buy and keep coming back to the Fox shocks. How do your machines ride when loaded?

I'm usually out with my wife, 2 kids, a dog, cooler, extra gas and water, plus the weight of all the add-ons, just curious if I am going to be bottoming out without the load leveling shocks that I currently have.
that right there is why i skipped the fox and went with elka instead.that and the better adjustability.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i went with elkas and ended up buying a stiffer spring after a year.
if i would have specified them properly at first im sure it wouldnt have been a problem.
mine rubbed in the back when loaded heavy in the rear (i am running 30's, so that plays a part in this too)

R

rickoshea

i went with elkas and ended up buying a stiffer spring after a year.
if i would have specified them properly at first im sure it wouldnt have been a problem.
mine rubbed in the back when loaded heavy in the rear (i am running 30's, so that plays a part in this too)
i overestimated my weight so i wouldn't have this issue,even though i don't always come anywhere near my max.i just leave the rear a little softer than the front to sort of compensate.

Reactions: JoeyL
B

bldmtnrider

Jan 8, 2021
Longmont, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that right there is why i skipped the fox and went with elka instead.that and the better adjustability.
Elka is also on my list but was discussing on another thread. Was ready to pull the trigger and after getting directed to another post the marketing crap kind of turned me off. They are still on my list but can't stand it when an suspension company starts talking about their proprietary custom oil. That led me to 814, which are now off the list, and back to fox or Elka.

Still would like to hear from owners if the Fox OEM setup is under sprung for heavier loads. I don't think Honda changed the payload capacity for the LE but I don't want to be rolling around on the bump stops when loaded.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the Fox middle setting, carrying -
My rotopax tanks full, axes and shovel, sheepherder jack, spare tire and rack, possibles box, cooler, chainsaw, clothes box, 2 passengers and their garb...I can bottom in short deep whoops. Otherwise it's good. Not desert racing suspension but plush enough and my back appreciates that. Passengers dont complain about the ride, just room.
JMO

Reactions: bldmtnrider
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I changed out my springs to 250lb in front and 300lb in rear, ride is amazing with 4 adults and a big dog plus extra gear and coolers. Set the shock on the medium or 2nd setting and go. The firm setting made the ride much firmer and you could tell a diff, never tried the soft as the medium work amazing.

Reactions: bldmtnrider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!