Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More than i should of...i fell down the rabbit hole lol
Bahahaha, it happens man. I just finished ordering the last few things I needed last night. When I hit the trails down there I’ll be able to determine what needs to be added for group rides.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotta add my chainsaw mount. Wheel spacer are supposed to be here tomorrow.
Now I got to figure out how to secure my Ridgid boxes. Would love to forgo the ratchet straps.

Gotta go through my scrap metal pile and bring a few scraps and the 110 welder. Hopefully I will not need it, but if some does, I will have it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now I got to figure out how to secure my Ridgid boxes. Would love to forgo the ratchet straps.

Can I make a suggestion?
This works much better than the bolt and strap method I started with... yes you could put the bolts directly through the bottom of the box. I didn’t do that for two reasons: I’d have to seal it each time I used mounted them and it wouldn’t be water tight if I didn’t.

A43869F4 1536 4188 ABAB 27DC752B01C7
Nutcerts for plastic (M6)
09872174 F664 4BE6 B1AE CBD3282015A0
1-½” Aluminum angle because it’s going to shake and vibrate and wear the paint off steel.

They stay put I took it for a rip around the track at Stony and I have probably put 500miles of hard trail use on it this way and they are firmly planted where as they would rock around using the strap because of the stretching of the nylon.
BCBDAE94 198E 4BE0 8FAA DE18E7865327

After Takeover when I have time I’ll figure out a way to mount my cooler with 4 turn buckles instead of the strap through the loops because I can never get it right and 100% stationary.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you put the nutserts in the toolbox as well? When you remove the toolboxes for trail repair etc, does the aluminum stay with the box or stay in the bed?

Reactions: Russ989 and sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you put the nutserts in the toolbox as well? When you remove the toolboxes for trail repair etc, does the aluminum stay with the box or stay in the bed?

They are loaded out right now with my gear for next week or I’d empty and take pictures.

I had to cut the lower latch point off the medium sized boxes I’m using as base boxes so the angle would sit flush. Then I drilled and put a bolt through each side of the box and sealed from the inside with black RTV. I think going through the bottom of the box would be far more secure but I pull them out when I don’t need them and can have them back in in under 10 mins start to finish, so I can have everything packed for a trip a week out and still be using my machine for stuff around the house or carrying daughter and a full load of her friends around 15 mins before I load up to leave.

Got them from McMaster Carr
DF0C98C4 27F6 41C6 93EC D115F008373E

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weather watching again - I pulled the Honda hard top last week - could not help it as it was too nice here for the weekend and I wanted to ride with the shade roof. Of course I knew that it would be almost impossible to get through the whole time at Takeover without a little rain or period of rain - and for that I can toss on a Honda soft top. I even when and applied a can of scotchguard last night on it for extra protection... but I sure do go back and forth about putting the hard top back on...

granted we are still a week out so the only thing sure is that the week will not end up with weather as exactly shown below

Upload 2019 4 25 15 39 39

I can work around half days with 40% chance of rain with out the hard top as long as it does not get to a whole day of pouring

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just pulled the pioneer out of the barn and washed the dust off last night. Going to be a busy weekend. I kinda feel sorry for the UPS man today, tomorrow and Monday...

You can have him hand off some of those packages to my address as long as its not anything freaky like @JTW would enjoy.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yep just need to load the machines and tie them down.
You know me I'm not a procrastinator! I've been getting ready for a month.
I’m like you! We’re leaving in the morning for a pre takeover camp like we always do. I’ve ben ready for a long time. I hate last minute, you start forgetting stuff.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
fringing the pronging in the ringle of the cradnarbitiulator

Reactions: Plumber32
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last item arrived today.

View attachment 125163

Got 2 days to wrap the projects up and get loaded. Still have to fab chainsaw mount, install wheel spacers and mount the Ridgid boxes.
Chainsaw mount? Not enough trails down there for you, so you make your own? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotta add my chainsaw mount. Wheel spacer are supposed to be here tomorrow.

Gotta go through my scrap metal pile and bring a few scraps and the 110 welder. Hopefully I will not need it, but if some does, I will have it.
I’ll be interested to see your chainsaw mount.. I have yet to figure out one I like

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Chainsaw mount? Not enough trails down there for you, so you make your own? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
When you are 15-20 miles in and 1 mile left to your destination and a tree has fallen...

What you going to do? You can't always go around. With the wet weather we have had, and winds. Lot of trees have came down.
Had to turn around in Windrock last time and were about 10 miles out.

Tree was to big for my hatchet....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!