Lifetime Trail maps personal recorded routes

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Basically can someone else have recorded a route from RRB campground and back for like an all day ride. That I can download and use for an over lay to follow for a ride. Is it possible to put it in my tablet and click on the name and follow it? Never really thought about it until now. I know you can record your own ride and save it for trails that are not on LTTMaps. But can someone else share theirs and I follow it? kinda like a gps route from home to a place and back. I searched some but could not find exactly this answer unless i missed the thread.

Reactions: sharp and ChadD
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You can also draw a route out on lifetime and use it to follow. I have done that several times. Lifetime has a video on how to do that.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I might have something. Where do you want to go? Yes you can pull it up as route on tablet
I will take all you have but suggestions of which ones are per level. Like we don't plan on running tackett or anything like that. Just some blue/maybe red trails nothing crazy. We have 5 sxs and my father was like just get on the app and plan a route and follow it. I have never done that. I have recorded some from around our land just to track our trails. But I wasnt sure if I could copy someone elses map and use it like gps from point to point.

Reactions: sharp
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You can also draw a route out on lifetime and use it to follow. I have done that several times. Lifetime has a video on how to do that.
That is cool didnt know that. But I don't want to draw lines on trails that maybe some of our machines stock may not make it lol But I will check that video im assuming its on their youtube or website.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I will take all you have but suggestions of which ones are per level. Like we don't plan on running tackett or anything like that. Just some blue/maybe red trails nothing crazy. We have 5 sxs and my father was like just get on the app and plan a route and follow it. I have never done that. I have recorded some from around our land just to track our trails. But I wasnt sure if I could copy someone elses map and use it like gps from point to point.
I’ll search some more but all the routes I have are multi day route, tackett, Jellico or unknown. Best I have is an eternal flame loop but even that one brings you back on a crappy mud consumed trail.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I use Life time trail maps app. This it seems has me to down load another app for the trails. Which maybe I am not understanding and NOT wanting to do?
I posted a gpx file of the Cumberland trails here, maybe this will help

Post in thread 'OsmAnd for Mapping and Navigating: A Guide' OsmAnd for Mapping and Navigating: A Guide
I am wanting recorded tracks that lifetimetrailmaps use. not another app. but thanks.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
As in if someone uses lifetimetrailmaps. and has a recorded track can I copy it and put it on my tablet and hit start like gps to your house

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
As in if someone uses lifetimetrailmaps. and has a recorded track can I copy it and put it on my tablet and hit start like gps to your house
If I understand it correctly, all you need is a GPX file and you can load that into whatever mapping app you use. You can even upload a GPX file into Google Earth, how kewl izzat?

In the GAIA app, I click on an existing track (that I've already recorded) and it copies the GPX file. Then I can just send that file to whomever I'd like. Soooooo, iffn someone has recorded what you want, technically, they can send that file to you and you can load it into the Lifetimemaps app. I'd bet dollars to donuts all of the GPS apps available have that capability nowadays.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
...and that's what I posted for you, a gpx file. Any mapping app can import a gpx file.

Reactions: CID
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520

On your tablet/phone, (using your file manager) you would insert whatever tracklog file someone gave you into [this is for android based stuff] (Internal Storage>Lifetimetrail maps>tracklogs

Then it should be accessible via Lifetime trailmaps. This same person can find their recorded tracklogs in this same folder on their end.

*Edit-Found another vid on this*

Last edited:
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

On your tablet/phone, (using your file manager) you would insert whatever tracklog file someone gave you into [this is for android based stuff] (Internal Storage>Lifetimetrail maps>tracklogs

Then it should be accessible via Lifetime trailmaps. This same person can find their recorded tracklogs in this same folder on their end.

*Edit-Found another vid on this*

That is what I am looking for someone else's recorded tracks so I can follow.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
That is what I am looking for someone else's recorded tracks so I can follow.

I'm seriously considering purchasing LTM for my tablet before I head down to TO, hence, why I've stumbled upon these vids. Plan is to record routes during TO, but that won't do you any good now.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm seriously considering purchasing LTM for my tablet before I head down to TO, hence, why I've stumbled upon these vids. Plan is to record routes during TO, but that won't do you any good now.
It is a great tool. As I am sure there are many different apps to do this. After spending a few hours tinkering with the app today, I think the waypoint tool is a neat feature.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Absolutely love my LTM , its not perfect but its getting more and more maps every update.
Heck even @Smitty335 is learning how to use it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!