William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My light bar relay crapped out do to water. Is it possible to move all the wiring under the hood and connect the relay to the accessory harness? I would connect it to an unused hook up and connect the on off switch to another one. I'm trying to put my thoughts into words...lol... the two wires that were connected to the battery. Would that be fine?

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Draws under 4 amps

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
My light bar relay crapped out do to water. Is it possible to move all the wiring under the hood and connect the relay to the accessory harness? I would connect it to an unused hook up and connect the on off switch to another one. I'm trying to put my thoughts into words...lol... the two wires that were connected to the battery. Would that be fine?
Is the wire gauge...the same
....my light bar is bigger gauge wire...
I used harness for my switch..got main
power from a fused box....ground to
ground bar...
I'm a learn as I go...so no elec....schooling

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Draws under 4 amps
13834 7f5cb8f6d3b1d7dfe80c7d60d0dca92c
hope this helps

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I believe those harness wires are rated for 10 amps. My light bar has a jacket over the wires but inside the wires aren't very big...14 or 16 ga. I think.

Reactions: Jshell3 and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I believe those harness wires are rated for 10 amps. My light bar has a jacket over the wires but inside the wires aren't very big...14 or 16 ga. I think.
I only used my harness..for my switches...& gauge...

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I guess I could but not recommended.. I guess I could run a couple wires from the battery...

advertisement
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found a harness that only has one positive and negative connection. Gonna hook it to the accessory harness. All are 16 gauge wire.

IMG 7709

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Green wire = negative
White and black wire= positive???????????
Correct?????

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did hook my light bar up to the accessory harness and it has worked fine. If you look at the instructions for the Honda light bar it is hooked to the accessory harness. My only question is, if I were to run bigger wire from the battery to the front, would my light be brighter than through the small wire of the harness?

D

Deleted member 3748

I did hook my light bar up to the accessory harness and it has worked fine. If you look at the instructions for the Honda light bar it is hooked to the accessory harness. My only question is, if I were to run bigger wire from the battery to the front, would my light be brighter than through the small wire of the harness?

If the light bar is drawing only 4 amps you don't even need a relay. If the wire from the battery to the front is too small it would have likely burned up by now.
This is what I did...
I have a battery cable running from my battery to my winch relay. I bought a fuse block and connected the winch battery cable to the fuse block then ran a shorter battery cable to the winch. Now i have a fuse block connected directly to the battery and I can connect 6 more accessories. I then mounted a grounding bus bar to the frame under the hood and connect all of my grounds to the bar. I also added a few 100 amp breakers for safety.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!