P1000 Light circuit blown?

T

trevelynzx

May 25, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey guys. 2021 P1k w factory light bar (little 12” bar on the front). Went to replace that thing with a curved LED bar - probably 52” - using the same circuit. Unplugged the factory light, Clipped the connector and wired the new light bar onto the red/ black wires from the original circuit.

No power. During troubleshooting i wired the original wires back onto the factory light but now that no longer worked either. Checked for blown fuses and didn’t see any.

Stumped- help?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
H

HondaTech

Hey guys. 2021 P1k w factory light bar (little 12” bar on the front). Went to replace that thing with a curved LED bar - probably 52” - using the same circuit. Unplugged the factory light, Clipped the connector and wired the new light bar onto the red/ black wires from the original circuit.

No power. During troubleshooting i wired the original wires back onto the factory light but now that no longer worked either. Checked for blown fuses and didn’t see any.

Stumped- help?

Did you check the fuses inside the aux fuse box on the left side under the hood. Thats what runs all the oem Honda accessories. There is a small cover that pops off to inspect the fuses.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The big light bar draws much more current, 16.5 amps for my Nilight 54", and as you surmised, you've blown a fuse. Have you looked in the black accessory fuse/relay box?

Best to wire that big light bar with it's own relay so you are not running that much current through the switch. The switches are rated for 20 amps, but that's a cross your fingers and hope on many of the switches.

Posted before reading HondaTech's post above. Spot on (as usual :) ).

T

trevelynzx

May 25, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Appreciate the quick replies. i did check the aix fuse box today- they all looked OK but when i went to pull one to really verify i noticed they’re soldered in there. is there a trick to that?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Appreciate the quick replies. i did check the aix fuse box today- they all looked OK but when i went to pull one to really verify i noticed they’re soldered in there. is there a trick to that?
Soldered, Are you sure? ive never seen that before!
pics?

Reactions: Lady01 and Rick53
H

HondaTech

Their not, its just a piss poor design, it might be easier to take the lid off the entire box and get to them easier.

It does appear like they are, but they will come out.
Honda Pioneer Wiring Harness Switchplate 012A

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Blade type fuses most often have a little hole in the plastic on each side of the embossed fuse value. This hole allows you to get a test probe to each side of the fuse element without removing the fuse. Use the pointed probe of a test meter or test light to check for voltage on each side of the fuse. Quick and easy.

T

trevelynzx

May 25, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks guys- I’ll have another look today and keep you posted!!

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!