P1000 Light mounting modification with the SATV split window

M

mjleblanc

Sep 23, 2019
Camas, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just putting this out there.

As most know, with the grab bar welded to the passenger side roll bar, there is no more room for bar clamps on the P1k5 after adding mirrors (needed to be street legal in WA). So adding windshield mounted lights is somewhat of a pain.

So I purchased the SATV angled mounting brackets, did not use the bar clamps, and used the existing SATV clamps for the lower half of the windshield. Tried to run it by SATV before I ended up cracking the polycarbonate, but they had never tried it, but wanted pictures if it worked.

It seems to be doing just fine so far:

I grabbed some scrap rubber, 1/8" thick, from the local hardware and cut it to fit the contact area under the bracket. Also purchased 1/4" longer 10.9 M5 1.0 bolts, washers and red thread locker. The rubber is the vibration absorption layer, and the bracket should distribute the vibration from the lights across both bolts.

The lights mount with full aiming flexibility and no interference with the upper windshield.

The cubes themselves have vibration dampening, so there should be no adverse effects on the lower poly.

If there is something I've overlooked, please let me know!

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used those Magnum Outdoors ones too. A little pricey but a very nice part. Managed to squeeze in the SATV split windshield and Seizmik side mirrors no problem. Cubes did end up a touch lower than the OP's. Advantage here is that the mounting system does not stress the windshield at all. The Magnum Outdoors mounts are anchored to the ROPS bolts.

30D96D34 439B 432D AA4D C27C7A6CE9F4

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhino-F350
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Just putting this out there.

As most know, with the grab bar welded to the passenger side roll bar, there is no more room for bar clamps on the P1k5 after adding mirrors (needed to be street legal in WA). So adding windshield mounted lights is somewhat of a pain.

So I purchased the SATV angled mounting brackets, did not use the bar clamps, and used the existing SATV clamps for the lower half of the windshield. Tried to run it by SATV before I ended up cracking the polycarbonate, but they had never tried it, but wanted pictures if it worked.

It seems to be doing just fine so far:

View attachment 183776

I grabbed some scrap rubber, 1/8" thick, from the local hardware and cut it to fit the contact area under the bracket. Also purchased 1/4" longer 10.9 M5 1.0 bolts, washers and red thread locker. The rubber is the vibration absorption layer, and the bracket should distribute the vibration from the lights across both bolts.

View attachment 183778

The lights mount with full aiming flexibility and no interference with the upper windshield.

View attachment 183779

The cubes themselves have vibration dampening, so there should be no adverse effects on the lower poly.

View attachment 183780

If there is something I've overlooked, please let me know!
good job, i have the same problem, i mounted my mirrors and no room for the 2 pod lights i have not bought yet... i was going to use rough country but the mounting a whacky a few people stated... i guess i will get the ridgid like you have...

Gary

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!