P1000 Limb Risers

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've seen some pics, but just curious as to what material was used to make the limb savers. Looked like it could be small diameter wire or even paracord. I think CumminsPusher had limbsavers on his, but can't remember (too many cool pics of everyone's mods, lol). Finally getting accessories added, and just looking for a little protection to the windshield as we travel 99% on 2 tracks, some of which areally overgrown. Btw, as mentioned by several others so far, the ideas I've received from this forum are costing me a bundle, but man is it fun!

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@joeymt33 did it.. I think he used a small rope.
That's what I was thinking of using. It's cheap, easy to replace, and can carry a small reel of it in my trail bag for different purposes. Figured I'd check to see what everyone else used.

Reactions: joeymt33
cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
His was special though.. not just ordinary rope. I think he got it from his uncle that works for NASA.. they used it to keep satellites in orbit.
Guess I'll be sticking to paracord as my connections aren't gifted enough to work for NASA, lol!

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah it's not just string, I searched over the stock at TSC and found some black cord that looked tough. I haven't broke one yet and that says a lot.

I was afraid to use cable thinking it might tear something up if it gets caught.

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah it's not just string, I searched over the stock at TSC and found some black cord that looked tough. I haven't broke one yet and that says a lot.

I was afraid to use cable thinking it might tear something up if it gets caught.
Thanks Joey, I'm always at TSC buying something. I'll be looking around for what they have. Actually bought my bed mat from there. Honda wanted a few hundred for their mat, and I paid $23 for a heavy, (and I mean heavy) duty mat used for horses. A few cuts with the scroll saw and it fits like a glove. My hunting dog loves it since she don't slide around while riding in the back. Kind of tacky so nothing really slides back there, and it covers the gaps when the seats are down if I need to haul wood, gravel, etc.

advertisement
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I've seen some pics, but just curious as to what material was used to make the limb savers. Looked like it could be small diameter wire or even paracord. I think CumminsPusher had limbsavers on his, but can't remember (too many cool pics of everyone's mods, lol). Finally getting accessories added, and just looking for a little protection to the windshield as we travel 99% on 2 tracks, some of which areally overgrown. Btw, as mentioned by several others so far, the ideas I've received from this forum are costing me a bundle, but man is it fun!
I use a small chainsaw and hand saw but some people use the boldozer approach they both work but in the long run saw is better just my opinion. The ropes help too.

Reactions: cruddy0815
P

PioneerDuluth

Mar 28, 2018
Duluth, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How are you guys attaching the top end of the rope/cable to the roof? Any pics of the connections?

Reactions: Isaiah
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Black magic
Giphy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!