100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After having a lovely conversation with our supreme ruler El Charrdo, I have decided to look into the Trail model/ trim. The local dealer here in either Coeur d’Alene or Missoula Montana have it listed for $22,400. And then of course they add on another 2600 to make it a little bit over $25,000 out the door. Seems kind of steep but I do like the colors and everybody says the I-4 WD is improved. He said on the talons, wether 2 or 4 seater, the inside size is the same. I remember in 2018 when I was shopping for a new ride before I bought crunchy that I tried sitting in a town and really did not fit it was very tight. Although I’m not extremely happy with the regular bucket seats of the pioneer it’s better seating for the dogs and for my needs. I wish there was someway to talk them down on the price though. They were trying to set them up with glass windshields and the Honda OEM hardtop but I don’t want either because I can just strip those off Crunchy. Richard also said that this model comes with a 4500 pound winch. I could if I ever desire to take the winch off my current 1000 and put it on the rear of the new rig. I was looking at buying a new truck too but at this point I’d rather have a new pioneer in the truck that I have will suffice for the camper that I ordered to be built. A DWR is not the best for off-road use but it’s what I got and if anything I will park the truck and camper and trailer somewhere and go explore in the new trail model. The dealer did not have one in but it was ordered and or maybe shipped on the eighth so they’re expecting it any day until my truck is ready out of the shop I’m just going to put a down payment on one and then pick it up as soon as I can get my truck back.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Sweet. I wanted a Trail model when I purchased mine, but was fortunate to have been able to purchase my deluxe. Going forward I've had no regrets. The trail seems similar to the older LE model and considering what I've read here on the forum, they seem to have certain specific items that seem more difficult to source, guessing the scamdemic and lower production numbers. Congratulations my friend.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet. I wanted a Trail model when I purchased mine, but was fortunate to have been able to purchase my deluxe. Going forward I've had no regrets. The trail seems similar to the older LE model and considering what I've read here on the forum, they seem to have certain specific items that seem more difficult to source, guessing the scamdemic and lower production numbers. Congratulations my friend.
“specific items that seem more difficult to source,” Any idea what those were and do you think replacing them in the future may prove difficult?

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do these come with upgraded A arms or better axels?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After having a lovely conversation with our supreme ruler El Charrdo, I have decided to look into the Trail model/ trim. The local dealer here in either Coeur d’Alene or Missoula Montana have it listed for $22,400. And then of course they add on another 2600 to make it a little bit over $25,000 out the door. Seems kind of steep but I do like the colors and everybody says the I-4 WD is improved. He said on the talons, wether 2 or 4 seater, the inside size is the same. I remember in 2018 when I was shopping for a new ride before I bought crunchy that I tried sitting in a town and really did not fit it was very tight. Although I’m not extremely happy with the regular bucket seats of the pioneer it’s better seating for the dogs and for my needs. I wish there was someway to talk them down on the price though. They were trying to set them up with glass windshields and the Honda OEM hardtop but I don’t want either because I can just strip those off Crunchy. Richard also said that this model comes with a 4500 pound winch. I could if I ever desire to take the winch off my current 1000 and put it on the rear of the new rig. I was looking at buying a new truck too but at this point I’d rather have a new pioneer in the truck that I have will suffice for the camper that I ordered to be built. A DWR is not the best for off-road use but it’s what I got and if anything I will park the truck and camper and trailer somewhere and go explore in the new trail model. The dealer did not have one in but it was ordered and or maybe shipped on the eighth so they’re expecting it any day until my truck is ready out of the shop I’m just going to put a down payment on one and then pick it up as soon as I can get my truck back.
What's wrong with your other POS?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I almost bought an SE in '21. But I chose the Deluxe flavor partly because I wanted the granular control of the manual locking front diff, but also because I wanted to be the one choosing what brand/model of accessories that I installed. I also really enjoy the challenge of taking things apart and putting things together.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, no dealers near me currently have a Trail in stock. the store at Missoula Montana fifteen hundred dollars less, due to them not charging sales tax

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!