Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There are tons of vids online about adjusting the box behind the driver seat.
That is for rear diff adjustments. Park, 2WD and Turf mode.
I am looking for a Front Diff, 4WD and 4WD Diff Lock Adjustment video.
I've pretty much read all of @snuffnwhisky, posts about the adjustments, but I can not find any videos.
Yes, I know the Service Manual is fairly self explanatory, and the pics in the book are good.
I have not done it myself, but according to @snuffnwhisky
"The 4wd is on the passenger side, rear of the diff. Diff lock is on the passenger side, front and has a plastic cover that you need to take off."
If anyone knows of a video of making the adjustment on the front diff, it would be appreciated. Heck or maybe even some pics, I can't find any of those either. haha
Thanks,
I know it is not a common problem or repair, and probably the reason I can't find any.
No, I am not having any problems, I am just wanting it for future reference, and the fact that I can't find any.
Have a good day

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are tons of vids online about adjusting the box behind the driver seat.
That is for rear diff adjustments. Park, 2WD and Turf mode.
I am looking for a Front Diff, 4WD and 4WD Diff Lock Adjustment video.
I've pretty much read all of @snuffnwhisky, posts about the adjustments, but I can not find any videos.
Yes, I know the Service Manual is fairly self explanatory, and the pics in the book are good.
I have not done it myself, but according to @snuffnwhisky
"The 4wd is on the passenger side, rear of the diff. Diff lock is on the passenger side, front and has a plastic cover that you need to take off."
If anyone knows of a video of making the adjustment on the front diff, it would be appreciated. Heck or maybe even some pics, I can't find any of those either. haha
Thanks,
I know it is not a common problem or repair, and probably the reason I can't find any.
No, I am not having any problems, I am just wanting it for future reference, and the fact that I can't find any.
Have a good day
I adjusted mine using pics from the service manual. Was super simple

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year machine are you referring to?

On my ‘18 it took some time to getting the cable box just so that the lights and the engagement was spot on. Even now the engagement still happens slightly before the indicator light finally illuminates.

I used a combination of the service manual and YouTube videos. I found that making an adjustment and then driving a simple easy figure 8 , and then make another adjustment was more effective than simply rolling the rig back and forth in the garage.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks @Vikes79
I have a 2018, 1000-3. I do not have a problem, mine works.
I am collecting video links of repairs to our Hondas.
Words are good, pics are better, but a good video is best.
Like you said, there are many vids of the box adjustment behind the driver.
That is usually what needs adjusted, but it is only a rear diff adjustment, for Park, 2WD and Turf mode.
I was looking for a video of Front Diff adjustments for future reference, and because I could not find one.
On the front diff is where you adjust for, 4WD and 4WD Diff Lock.
The video I posted a link to above, is only for 4WD Diff Lock adjustment.
Still looking for a vid of the 4WD adjustment.
Have a good day

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!