P1000 Looking for dealer in Upper Midwest

R

rdpatten

Jul 20, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does anyone have a strong dealer they'd recommend in the Upper Midwest? I'd like to put some money down and get in line for a 2022 1000-5, but the first 2 dealers I talked to don't know:
1) When the 22 prices and specs will be available
2) What their allocation will be
3) When the potential delivery might be, even within a few months

I understand these are odd times, but it seems like connected dealers would at least have an opinion on those questions.

I'm in Western, Wisconsin, near the Twin Cities. Any advice is appreciated.

P

PioneeringTimes

Aug 6, 2021
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am in New Richmond, WI and I too was not having the best luck with our local dealers, Twin Cities included. I ended up putting my name on an incoming 2021 1000-5 Deluxe in Iowa. Still waiting on it...

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased mine from Vern Eidie Motoplex in Sioux Falls SD.

Probably around a 6 hr drive for you. Not sure if they are the best, but they treated me good in 2017.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Team Motorsports in DePere WI is where I got my last few machines.

You will be paying MSRP in this market, they don’t make too many deals on current year models. I don’t see anything in stock or coming in, but they have always been honest with me.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Screenshot 20210916 190843 Chrome

P

PioneeringTimes

Aug 6, 2021
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When did you put your deposit down?
I actually had a can-am ATV on order since April and in July BRP canceled my order because I had a 2021 on order and they wouldn't be able to build it in time before the 2022's came out.

Since can-am canceled my first order, I started shopping around again for a SXS that I could take my family of 5 around in as well as hopefully actually getting before this hunting season and found the Pioneer.

To actually answer your question, I put my deposit down on a 1000-5 at Storm Lake Honda in Iowa back in July. As of today, still has a ship date of 9/29 so we will see...

DDGrouser

DDGrouser

May 9, 2021
Other
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would highly recommend Open Road Honda in Mandan ND. Had great experience with them on a 1K3 SE Pioneer. Sold below list no delivery or additional charges. It was still a 3 month wait but they were very upfront about the delays and have been a pleasure to deal with.

Get this I put down a $500 deposit when I ordered it and I missed it when I paid off the invoice. A few weeks later when they closed out the books they sent me a letter and a check for the $500!

They are a Powerhouse dealer for what it’s worth.

Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaTech

Does anyone have a strong dealer they'd recommend in the Upper Midwest? I'd like to put some money down and get in line for a 2022 1000-5, but the first 2 dealers I talked to don't know:
1) When the 22 prices and specs will be available
2) What their allocation will be
3) When the potential delivery might be, even within a few months

I understand these are odd times, but it seems like connected dealers would at least have an opinion on those questions.

I'm in Western, Wisconsin, near the Twin Cities. Any advice is appreciated.

We haven't heard anything about 2022 model UTVs yet, the next couple of months are suppose to have redline bulletins with some information on 2022 4 wheeled product.

Reactions: bumperm and Lady01
L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
vern eide out of Sioux falls is where i got mine also. they sell a ton of toys , when i was there they had no less than 20-30 of each model sxs, honda polaris mahindra yamaka just amazing what they HAD. this was april of 20 in the early stages of this mess we are in now, and i got a hell of a deal.

Reactions: rdpatten
Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
Hawkeye Motor Works. Powerhouse dealer in Davenport, IA. Bought my P500 from them in April and they had at least 10 pioneers sitting in showroom at that time when they were near impossible to find elsewhere. Great people to deal with. MSRP in these times I'm sure.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No inside info here. But, you can bet they have a large backlog supply of mostly built 2021 models still awaiting parts for completion so they can move them out to the dealers. What they won't do is start delivering 2022 versions on top of those unsold 2021's - - that would be really dumb from a business perspective. New 2022's, released on time, and would only occur if they bring out a new line (not just a trim change).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!