BOX1

Looking for gas powered wood splitter

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
make sure you get Honda engine, so much easier to start if its been months any way, also like the ones that have the wedge be stationary which you cant do on vertical. it will get stuck on the wedge sometimes. if its not you can just put another log in and push it by. I built my own with 9hp gx and big cylinder. 2ft maple and ash I do at half throttle which is nice for gas and doesn't hurt your head

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
heavy built ones are all going to be couple grand+. i got maybe 500 in mine. the engine was on a water pump that had a bad pump. frame was old pto combine. if you want to do some digging its not to bad

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Want to buy 28 to 35 ton models, needs to pivot for vertical or horizontal use.

I have been eyeballing the models sold by TSC (Tractor Supply Company) especially the ones with the Honda engines. The bigger one has a 199cc Honda rated 32 ton, both vertical and horizontal modes.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
M

mtrbike

Dec 27, 2016
Atlanta Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
last November i bought a Tractor Supply, County Line 25 ton after alot of reaserch, and youtube vids
it was on sale for 699.00
It has an 11.5 sec cycle time with a Kohler 6.5 196cc motor so it dose pretty good on gas

i have to say i havent used it much , as i got it collecting stuff for my retirement, at my property ,
and have spent most of my time getting the interior in shape

Reactions: drfubar
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
kohler is as good as honda for reliabilty, noise and easy starting. kawi was good too but you dont see those on anything but big mowers these days. wouldnt get anything else. the others ive had are had to keep going on something you want to use.

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been eyeballing the models sold by TSC (Tractor Supply Company) especially the ones with the Honda engines. The bigger one has a 199cc Honda rated 32 ton, both vertical and horizontal modes.
Yeah, I looked at them too. They were higher in price for similar models sold by others.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
alot of differences in the cheap ones they dont tell you about like the frame thickness, line size, and control size. would really do the research on the one you intend to buy and make sure it isnt just going fall apart after a couple uses and you are going to pay more for the kohler or honda. there are a couple tsc ones alot of people seemed to like, sales are mostly nov though every greedy b has got their prices on everything twice as high for tax time

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
looks like its basically a decent one too, all the sub 1k ones seem very low to me though, i dont think raising it would be that hard and add table to any of them would be better. people think they are going to like having it be vertical and use the wood on the ground but i wouldnt want to be stooped over all day, i use mine at waist level and you pick it up once it stays till you done chunking it up to proper pieces and it drops on the pile,

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
28 ton tractor supply
I got the one with the Honda 190 engine
Keep them out of the weather and they will last.
This one is 6 years now.

IMG 0202 IMG 0205 IMG 0213

Reactions: Chooglin
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
That’s exactly what and where I bought mine last year the 32 with the big Honda on sale for $1,199.00, after a few cords of wood cut I can see that it will last my life time.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!