P700 Looking to purchase a 700-4, can you guys pm me what is a fair price.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Demand is wall to wall and treetop tall. The local dealer had no more Hondas for 2021 and expected no more shipments. I am working with a small dealer that is treating me well but expected full price, all the excess add-on dealer fees, and no freebie accessories to take away the sting.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Demand is wall to wall and treetop tall. The local dealer had no more Hondas for 2021 and expected no more shipments. I am working with a small dealer that is treating me well but expected full price, all the excess add-on dealer fees, and no freebie accessories to take away the sting.
And you can't blame them. If you couldn't get product to sell to meet your over head, then what do you do? This Covid and the Longshoreman's strike has put a major hurt on us!

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
And you can't blame them. If you couldn't get product to sell to meet your over head, then what do you do? This Covid and the Longshoreman's strike has put a major hurt on us!
Hell no I don't blame them but usually, they will do something like an extra item at cost or anything. Maybe I'll get a can cooler and/or a decal!

I wasn't aware the Longshoreman were on strike. Haven't been following the news as much lately.

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
E

Etown104

Apr 7, 2021
Pulaski tn
Ownership

1. 700-2
Local dealer wants retail plus destination charge! And doesn't have any in at present...would be willing to travel for a good deal!
Thanks
I just bought a 2021 700-2 base model plus roof in TN for 11800.00 out the door. Not sure if that's a deal or not but it's rare to drive up to a dealership and find any that arent sold..

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just bought a 2021 700-2 base model plus roof in TN for 11800.00 out the door. Not sure if that's a deal or not but it's rare to drive up to a dealership and find any that arent sold..
Right place at the right time! Nice buy, certainly sounds like a deal the Honda Roof was a $436 add-on plus installation charge on the 700-4!

Reactions: ChadD
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I bought my 2021 700-2 end of November. I was able to get a good deal. Honda had an ag program if you owned land. no sales tax. I am in Florida and own land in Ga. Dealer wasn't going to honor it which I said no problem . I said I dont really care which state I bought it in and I would just buy in Ga. The dealer had just got it in. I was surprised they knocked the price down and half the destination charge. I think it was 11400 out the door. I feel I was there at the right time. Of course I did walk in like I didn't have to have it either.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
When I bought my 2021 700-2 end of November. I was able to get a good deal. Honda had an ag program if you owned land. no sales tax. I am in Florida and own land in Ga. Dealer wasn't going to honor it which I said no problem . I said I dont really care which state I bought it in and I would just buy in Ga. The dealer had just got it in. I was surprised they knocked the price down and half the destination charge. I think it was 11400 out the door. I feel I was there at the right time. Of course I did walk in like I didn't have to have it either.
I will bet he was either needing some quick inventory turns and never dreamed of the difficulty people were going to have to get anything so far this March through now. I had very little luck finding any in stock. I wasn't acting like I had to have it I just got lucky on a phone call. The salesman told me they were in limited stock, which I was aware of, and that things were so crazy he had people coming in looking at his stock and buying continually right now. The sales guy told me "I may not have it in an hour but it will be gone by the end of the week." As that had been what I had observed and confirmed with a few big players, most of who said their expected stock for 2021 was already spoken for.

I had it in my sights, so I pulled the trigger. After a month of delays waiting on parts, that I was again called and told today had been pushed back another 2-3 weeks in May, I am going with aftermarket parts as most items I want are available and in stock if not Honda OEM parts.

I, now, take delivery Friday! Even better, all parts are due to be here by the end of April, saving a small fortune and eliminating unnecessary expenses at the same time.

Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
please understand that most people believe dealers have a huge margin on new machines. Dealer margins at full retail are actually very small and any discount would take a lot of their markup. Suggested retail on some units is actually below dealer cost unless they add setup charges. Unless a dealer has been paying flooring charges on an unpopular machine and just need to stop the bleeding, they are probably not going to be financially able to discount. Freight is also a cost they can’t discount, and have to pay. Manufacturer rebates are usually the best way to get a deal and keep your dealer doors open. Also keep in mind that legally, if they post a charge for any dealer paperwork, licensing, setup, etc., they have to charge that fee to every buyer or face government sanctions. One dealer told me that he would sell his brother a machine at cost, but everyone pays the handling fee. I am not a dealer, but I fully understand that we won’t have local dealers if we dont support them. Just my two cents, soon to be worth one cent.

Reactions: ChadD and Rick49274
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I couldn't agree more. Imagine the business they could do if they could get units in stock. I can see how you would have to maximize your margin to keep the doors open.

I always try to patronize small businesses in my area. I was lucky to find Paw-Paw Cycle and Marine, a small family-owned business in Paw-Paw Michigan, that was exemplary all through the sales process. I knew when I saw how much demand and how little supply I was dealing with in the market that price was not going to be negotiable. But where they really shined was in service. They were outstanding and cared about the purchase process and making me happy - they were flexible and the money they make stays in the community Vs being shipped to a corporate office in some big city.

E

Eaglewatch

I'm just about to sell my absolutely MINT condition, 2018 Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe with split windshield. Adult female driven. 337 miles (25 hours) total. Never driven in rain, always stored inside. Asking $13,000. Located in Eagle River, Wisconsin

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!