Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
mine are always hooked up,it's non optional.i ride tight forest trails and get whacked in the helmet constantly because i can't run a roof,it would get trashed almost immediately.my rops looks like i slid a kilometer downhill inverted.my passenger side net already has a 2" hole in it from a branch getting caught.
You can run the factory hard roof. They hold up pretty good.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
no way i'm spending $900 to find out.yes,that's what they're going for up here.;)
They are expensive but I would bet. We drive directly into the sticks, have holes poked all over and missing plastics throughout the machine because of it. Use it to slide off of trees in the corners and side hilling. Had to replace one, it was in a bad roll attached to the broken rollcage so it got torn up a bit but it is still being used by a friend. I call those the upper skid plate;)

Reactions: Mudwing
R

rickoshea

They are expensive but I would bet. We drive directly into the sticks, have holes poked all over and missing plastics throughout the machine because of it. Use it to slide off of trees in the corners and side hilling. Had to replace one, it was in a bad roll attached to the broken rollcage so it got torn up a bit but it is still being used by a friend. I call those the upper skid plate;)
i troll craigslist all the time looking for used parts,found a damaged honda factory roof,but it was for a 700,also found a complete soft cab for a 1000-5,but was for a 2016,and we all know how the fit/finish is on that.we have nobody up here manufacturing aftermarket stuff like roofs,and if they do it isn't compatible with honda stuff like the hard poly windshield.and i don't even want to know what shipping would be to canada for a roof from the states.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
i troll craigslist all the time looking for used parts,found a damaged honda factory roof,but it was for a 700,also found a complete soft cab for a 1000-5,but was for a 2016,and we all know how the fit/finish is on that.we have nobody up here manufacturing aftermarket stuff like roofs,and if they do it isn't compatible with honda stuff like the hard poly windshield.and i don't even want to know what shipping would be to canada for a roof from the states.
I use my nets, I don’t like being hit in the face by branches in the tight trails. I have a brand new roof sitting in my garage that I removed before the first ride to install my ProBox roof. If any of you need one PM me.

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
mine are always hooked up,it's non optional.i ride tight forest trails and get whacked in the helmet constantly because i can't run a roof,it would get trashed almost immediately.my rops looks like i slid a kilometer downhill inverted.my passenger side net already has a 2" hole in it from a branch getting caught.maybe if i let up on the loud pedal more..
Now, now, that wouldn’t be much fun. The loud peddle is the most fun that you can have.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!