Multi low oil pressure indicator

R

redfoxx

Aug 4, 2018
new york state
Ownership

1. 500
Just changed my oil and filter at 97 miles on my 500 and made me wonder if there is any low oil pressure indicator light or engine shut down.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
II doubt if it has a automatic shutdown down but it will have an oil pressure lamp

R

redfoxx

Aug 4, 2018
new york state
Ownership

1. 500
II doubt if it has a automatic shutdown down but it will have an oil pressure lamp
the manual does not show any in the digital dash nor is there one shown during the pre check when you turn the switch on.
There is a engine symbol for the pgm-fi could it be tied into that?

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
the manual does not show any in the digital dash nor is there one shown during the pre check when you turn the switch on.
There is a engine symbol for the pgm-fi could it be tied into that?
I’ll have to check on my machine but it’s nowhere nearby right now so it will be a while.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
That would be the first Honda I ever owned without a lamp.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't know that I've ever had an ATV/SxS with an oil pressure light. Unless the 700 iluminates the check engine light for it as hypothesized above. Which wouldn't do a ton of good.

They would never install an engine shut down. Too many liability issues.

R

redfoxx

Aug 4, 2018
new york state
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know that I've ever had an ATV/SxS with an oil pressure light. Unless the 700 iluminates the check engine light for it as hypothesized above. Which wouldn't do a ton of good.

They would never install an engine shut down. Too many liability issues.
my dealer Lowville Sports says there is no oil pressure light or shutoff on the 500.

advertisement
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
The P1000 has an oil pressure light, and will shut it down in short order.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!