P1000 Lower Height by 4"?

8-track

Jun 10, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 1000-5 - the only issue at the moment is we want it to fit in our shed, which has a door with a 72" height. Any good ideas on how to lower the suspension by a few inches to get it through the door? I don't want to let air out of the tires every time we put it away...if we just have someone stand on the back will it drop the suspension enough or will the self leveling compensate?

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 1000-5 - the only issue at the moment is we want it to fit in our shed, which has a door with a 72" height. Any good ideas on how to lower the suspension by a few inches to get it through the door? I don't want to let air out of the tires every time we put it away...if we just have someone stand on the back will it drop the suspension enough or will the self leveling compensate?
@CumminsPushers

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you plan to have a Honda top?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it is a rollup door, most of them can be pushed several inches higher than the point to which they normally sit.

Reactions: ATM0816 and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was, but if there are better options out there I'm all ears...
Honda top adds another 3-4 inches. I built an aluminum top which I would recommend or uhmw. Your only options to make it shorter are
1. Shorter tires
2. Lower suspension
3. Chop the top
4. Air tires up and down every time

How big of a deal would it be to just have someone come in and make the doorway bigger?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 700 wouldn’t fit into. 7’ Door so I had 8’ doors put in our new house when we built. The 1000 is short enough to fit in a 7’ Door....

There is no easy way to make it fit.

It might be easier to change the door.

djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i built my own aluminum top just for this reason. The Honda top adds way to much height. I would never be able to fit it in my enclosed trailer with the Honda Top. Lots of people cut the roll cages down. I have thought about it and may do that as well. I have a friend who did his and he says it was super easy to do.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
J

JTW

You have to drive it for the self leveling to compensate.. a stock pioneer is 76” I believe.. and that’s without roof or tires. I think you’re fighting a losing battle looking for 4” of compression. I’d look at adding a lean to or digging out the floor on the shed, that’s assuming it’s not concrete.

Reactions: BWAF and Cuoutdoors
advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of shed? Site built wooden frame? Run a sawsall between the floor and wall. Lift shed 8-12 inches. frame in a support wall, new sheeting, rebuild door and done.

Reactions: ohanacreek and BWAF

8-track

Jun 10, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks everyone - really helpful. Sounds like the best option is to make the doors larger.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Or just let some air out your tires to get it in the shed. I know people that do that with to get machines in there toyhauler with lifts. Best thing is it’s FREE! :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!