P1000 I4wd by pass question

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone long time no see was wondering if anyone has successfully installed the i4wd by pass switch in the p1k limited or can you even do it? Also has anybody installed the torque master locker? Any help is appreciated thanks updated pic of my ride attached for fun

IMG 4397

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Haven't hears of either. Well, outside of that one company promising unicorn parts upgrades.

Pioneer doesn't need the i4wd override.
Talon 4x4 is electronically controlled. Pioneer is manual cable operated.
When a Talon loses i4wd, sometimes they are stuck in 2x4. Pioneer will keep 4x4 irrelevant to the i4wd status because it's manual.
So for a Pioneer, you dont need a "override" you just need a "disable". It could be done by killing the engagement sensor line or fuse.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't hears of either. Well, outside of that one company promising unicorn parts upgrades.

Pioneer doesn't need the i4wd override.
Talon 4x4 is electronically controlled. Pioneer is manual cable operated.
When a Talon loses i4wd, sometimes they are stuck in 2x4. Pioneer will keep 4x4 irrelevant to the i4wd status because it's manual.
So for a Pioneer, you dont need a "override" you just need a "disable". It could be done by killing the engagement sensor line or fuse.
Are you saying if I put a switch inline with the I-4wd fuse I can disable the I-4wd to make it full-time 4wd?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Are you saying if I put a switch inline with the I-4wd fuse I can disable the I-4wd to make it full-time 4wd?
it it woud be 3x4 actually. Not sure why anyone would want to do that.

But would be best to switch the 4x4 "on" sensor line so the machine doest turn on the i4wd.

Pulling the fuse may throw a i4wd error light. But shouldn't have any side effects other than to say "hey" i4wd is not working.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Talon is electronic engagement. That's mostly what the i4wd override does. Turns on the front diff electronically. if i4wd fails on a talon, sometimes it forces you to be stuck in 2x4 without the override.

Pioneer is cable operated manual. 4x4 (3x4) will work even if the i4wd system fails completely. No way it can lock you out without a broken part.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it it woud be 3x4 actually. Not sure why anyone would want to do that.

But would be best to switch the 4x4 "on" sensor line so the machine doest turn on the i4wd.

Pulling the fuse may throw a i4wd error light. But shouldn't have any side effects other than to say "hey" i4wd is not working.

I would just like the option to turn it off I run big tires and portals sometimes I feel like the i4wd fights me when I’m stuck more options I have to get out the better thanks for your help @Hondasxs

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would just like the option to turn it off I run big tires and portals sometimes I feel like the i4wd fights me when I’m stuck more options I have to get out the better thanks for your help @Hondasxs
I had the same problem with I4wd when stuck in snow. The front wheel power seemed to switch from side to side just digging the front deeper and deeper until I was high centered. This past winter I found backing up in low range I would get double rooster tails coming from the front tires, that would suggest that I4wd wasn't doing its thing. The question I have is does low range affect the function of I4wd?

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the same problem with I4wd when stuck in snow. The front wheel power seemed to switch from side to side just digging the front deeper and deeper until I was high centered. This past winter I found backing up in low range I would get double rooster tails coming from the front tires, that would suggest that I4wd wasn't doing its thing. The question I have is does low range affect the function of I4wd?
Interesting 🤔 I never thought of that might have to experiment a lil

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!