Maine

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have camp by Madagascal Pond, just purchased a 2016 1000 3 seater. Bringing it to camp this spring. Been told there are several trails I can't access because of the width. Have you had this problem. I did join the local club and hope to go riding this year and learn some new trails.

You can go to grand Lake Stream, Howland, Mattawamkeag, Medway, and Lincoln without finding any 60" trails.(I've been past Madagascal Pond) We went with friends to Rt 9 Diner last summer and found 1 60" trail marker about 3 miles into the woods on 1 trail....did not turn around, and made it....1 bridge was IFFY though.
PM me when you are up here or contact me through this post, I would like to ride with another Honda Finally!!!!

M

Mainehunter

Jan 26, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You can go to grand Lake Stream, Howland, Mattawamkeag, Medway, and Lincoln without finding any 60" trails.(I've been past Madagascal Pond) We went with friends to Rt 9 Diner last summer and found 1 60" trail marker about 3 miles into the woods on 1 trail....did not turn around, and made it....1 bridge was IFFY though.
PM me when you are up here or contact me through this post, I would like to ride with another Honda Finally!!!!
Thanks for the reply. Another camp owner who has a 60 inch Ranger said I can't go around Nicatous Lake because of a bridge, and there is a bridge in Lee that I squeezed through with my 60 razor with tires rubbing, don't know if I would have made that with the Pioneer. We go to Jacks Snack Shack a lot from camp so I know that won't be a problem with the Pioneer. A friend just bought a camp in Greenfield outside of Old Town. I'm hoping I can find a way there from my camp.I'll Pm you with my contact information if I can figure out how, I have a hard time with this computer stuff at my age.

K

kukini

Sep 5, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for the reply. Another camp owner who has a 60 inch Ranger said I can't go around Nicatous Lake because of a bridge, and there is a bridge in Lee that I squeezed through with my 60 razor with tires rubbing, don't know if I would have made that with the Pioneer. We go to Jacks Snack Shack a lot from camp so I know that won't be a problem with the Pioneer. A friend just bought a camp in Greenfield outside of Old Town. I'm hoping I can find a way there from my camp.I'll Pm you with my contact information if I can figure out how, I have a hard time with this computer stuff at my age.

The bridge in question near Nicatous Lake is large enough for a Polaris General to fit through. I had my doubts being very familiar with that area but I was pleasantly surprised when one did clear.

Last edited:
DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The bridge in question near Nicatous Lake is large enough for a Polaris General to fit through. I had my doubts being very familiar with that area but I was pleasantly surprised when it did clear.
I am in Lincoln....where are you?

K

kukini

Sep 5, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am in Lincoln....where are you?
I am in Ellsworth. My current ride is a Yamaha Wolverine R-spec SE, but I am hoping the 60" Honda Talon becomes a reality November 27th.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wake up, Mainers! This thread has been silent for 3 1/2 years. UNACCEPTABLE!
I live in Chelsea, just outside Augusta. I saw a couple of you are nearby, Richmond and South China. @jay dawge @Grumpy you guys still out there?
Looking for trails to ride in a month or two…

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Grew up in Maine, Anson/Madison/skowvegas area. Left in 1992. Had a brand new Honda 350 foreman 4x4 in 1987! Drove that thing all over Moosehead lake.
ATV 's were hated by the snowmobile culture back then.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!