P1000 Maintenance minder pioneer 1000-3D function

M

Muldoon

Jun 3, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 3 day old “new” 2020 pioneer 1000 displayed 2 odometer miles before purchase and was loaded on my trailer for the trip home. The sales rep told me two days prior it had zero miles, gave price and we set up an appointment for my viewing and purchase. Since then we put less than 1 mile on the unit and read the manual to familiarize ourselves with this vehicle, maintenance specs, safety, etc. While checking the machine maintenance minder indicators, a display came up showing 99 hours on the “maintenance hour meter” and 599 miles on the “ maintenance trip meter”. I presumed those were remaining odometer/hours of operation for the next service but this is in conflict since the initial service listed by Honda is to occur at 20 hours or 100 miles. What is going on ?

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and Isaiah
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 3 day old “new” 2020 pioneer 1000 displayed 2 odometer miles before purchase and was loaded on my trailer for the trip home. The sales rep told me two days prior it had zero miles, gave price and we set up an appointment for my viewing and purchase. Since then we put less than 1 mile on the unit and read the manual to familiarize ourselves with this vehicle, maintenance specs, safety, etc. While checking the machine maintenance minder indicators, a display came up showing 99 hours on the “maintenance hour meter” and 599 miles on the “ maintenance trip meter”. I presumed those were remaining odometer/hours of operation for the next service but this is in conflict since the initial service listed by Honda is to occur at 20 hours or 100 miles. What is going on ?
This is my understanding of the maintenance reminders. Also I wouldn't be alarmed by the miles on the new unit. Mine had occurred nearly 20 miles and 7 hours while on the lot at the dealer. Our local dealer moves units in and out of the store with business hours.

Reactions: Russ989
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
How many hours does the machine say it has on it? My 2018 showed the 20 hour/100 mile maintenance schedule when new.

M

Muldoon

Jun 3, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pioneer not running, display shows:
HELLO (pause) honda, then after SEL/SET switch1st push:
2.6. H, then next:
- - -598 MILE, then:
- - - - 99 H, then:
ODO 3 MILE, then:
TRIP 3.8 MILE

I ran through the sequence again and got the same data except after HELLO (pause) Honda, it displayed 2.7 H.

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
They may have accidentally cleared the 20/100 maintenance reminder. I did it on mine trying to change the clock. I wouldn't be too concerned about it if you're only showing 2.7 hours on the clock. Just do your first service around 100 miles. Remember that if your key is on, your hour meter is running. I leave my key on a lot listening to music or charging a phone/tablet so my hours are not relative to my mileage.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!