P1000 Maintenance plan?

S

SeanKirk77

Oct 21, 2015
so the 1000 deluxe will be my first utv purchase. My dealer here in Lubbock says they are only getting 4 this year and the first one got snagged up today by the guy with the first deposit. I'm next in line. Got all of my pricing today because they said next one gets shipped on nov 5. I'm paying full price with destination charges and taxes. Added the $620 for the extended warranty. But the sales manager wants me to get their $1599 premium maintenance service. He explained it that the machine needs to be maintenanced every 50 hours of use and that runs about $450 per time so he made the case that once I hit my third time, I've broke even. So not to worry about putting miles and hours on the new pioneer.

I'm not very mechanically inclined so I doubt I'll be doing the oil changes and whatever else that might come with keeping the machine at optimal level. What do you guys think? This would make my out of the door price at just under $22k

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club @SeanKirk77

I'm not very mechanically inclined so I doubt I'll be doing the oil changes and whatever else that might come with keeping the machine at optimal level. What do you guys think?
Well.. Because of the above it might not be that bad.

Guess I need more details.
Does the "service plan" EXPIRE time wise?
Are you be GUARANTEED (X) oil changes?
Is your full first service FREE? Including valve adjustment?

For me, It sounds like a terrible plan. But I will be doing all my work. But to someone who cant. It may be worth it.
Just a FYI - This machine has the least service requirements of the entire Honda ATV/UTV fleet.
P1000 - Honda Pioneer 1000 Maintenance Schedule | The Honda Side by Side Club!

1st full service @ 100 miles or 20 hours! (+valve adjustment)
2nd full service @ 1200 miles or 200 hours!
3rd full service is a 2400 miles or 400 hours!

Last edited:
S

SeanKirk77

Oct 21, 2015
Basically it will cover the machine for the 4 years that the extended warranty will cover. The full service and valve adjustments are what this was made for. After I pay for it initially, short of me driving it off a cliff, I shouldn't have to put any money in repairs or maintenance. But he also made it seem like I had to go in every 50 hours of use. It might just be cheaper to pay for the full service individually.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club @SeanKirk77

Well.. Because of the above it might not be that bad.

Guess I need more details.
Does the "service plan" EXPIRE time wise?
Are you be GUARANTEED (X) oil changes?
Is your full first service FREE? Including valve adjustment?

For me, It sounds like a terrible plan. But I will be doing all my work. But to someone who cant. It may be worth it.
Just a FYI - This machine has the least service requirements of the entire Honda ATV/UTV fleet.
P1000 - Honda Pioneer 1000 Maintenance Schedule | The Honda Side by Side Club!

1st full service @ 100 miles or 20 hours! (+valve adjustment)
2nd full service @ 1200 miles or 200 hours!
3rd full service is a 2400 miles or 400 hours!
Seems a bit steep....Does it include an extended warranty? Is it ALL service and if they are going to do unlimited services every 50hrs (even though it's not required) if you live close by I would get the oil changed every 50 hrs.

If I were to be sold every 50 I'd get it in writing. Oil change should be about 50$ if you diy with new Honda filter full synthetic. Service is fairly easy with a few tools and the service manual.

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So between the 1st service (100mi) and the 2nd service (1200mi) or 200 hrs. You need to take it back 4 times in between them?? For $1599? Tell them to get f***ed. Its a f***ing Honda.

Reactions: Hondasxs
S

SeanKirk77

Oct 21, 2015
This may be the only thing I can negotiate on. What is it truly worth?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 246
S

SeanKirk77

Oct 21, 2015
So between the 1st service (100mi) and the 2nd service (1200mi) or 200 hrs. You need to take it back 4 times in between them?? For $1599? Tell them to get f***ed. Its a f***ing Honda.

Yeah, they sell Polaris and Can Am so maybe this service plan is more suited for these machines?

HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
As someone that knows these "maintenance plans" top to bottom and front to back... Run away! I have yet to find one that is backed by a company that truly benefits the customer in any shape form or fashion and I receive calls daily from them telling me how I can increase my bottom line etc.

They are already not being honest when it comes to the Pioneer's maintenance schedule or the true cost which throws up a big red flag on being able to put any trust into what they say.

That's just my opinion though ;)

Last edited:
advertisement
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If this was your daily driver then it might be worth looking at. But for that amount of money for 3 years of service, I think that is way too much. The first service with the valve adjustment is going to cost the most but they is now way it will cost $450. The 1200 or 2400 service should only be about about $50-$60 dollars for the oil and filter and no more then 1 hour labor for any "Professional Mechanic". The other thing to look at is the 3 year deal. If you ride alot and put an average of 2000 to 3000 miles on a year then maybe so, but for a lot of us 1200 miles per year would be pushing it. If something were to break (its' a honda remember) your extended warranty will cover that, but I might be looking for another dealer to do the work.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!