Make sure your lug nuts are tight!

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went riding today with some buddy's and we where going down the road and my tire fell off my Rubicon :oops: I let my cousin use it for a few weeks and he said he had taken the tires off to swap his outlaws on to it and must have not tighten the lug nuts up good! it scared the crap out of me😂 but we lifted it up and slid the tire back on and tighten it with my impact and I went around and made sure everything was tight. From now on I am going to keep a better watch on things! I always tighten and grease everything every few hundred miles but for some reason It just slipped my mind after I got it back from him.
Screenshot 20210130 180355 kindlephoto 5629649

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went riding today with some buddy's and we where going down the road and my tire fell off my Rubicon :oops: I let my cousin use it for a few weeks and he said he had taken the tires off to swap his outlaws on to it and must have not tighten the lug nuts up good! it scared the crap out of me😂 but we lifted it up and slid the tire back on and tighten it with my impact and I went around and made sure everything was tight. From now on I am going to keep a better watch on things! I always tighten and grease everything every few hundred miles but for some reason It just slipped my mind after I got it back from him.
View attachment 251890
Glad you’re safe! Sure could have been worse!

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Happened to us at takeover 2019 on our 500. We kept hearing clunking noise from driver front wheel so we were headed back to camp when all of a sudden the wheel went rolling on down the trail by its self. Turned out I hadn't torqed the nuts for the spacers enough.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!