P1000 Making the cab a little less loud

J

JeremyHamilton16

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2019
Nashville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone removed the plastic under the seat and installed sound damping material? Just curious about reducing transmission noise a little more.

Reactions: bobhonda and BWAF
R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone removed the plastic under the seat and installed sound damping material? Just curious about reducing transmission noise a little more.

Yes, I put 1/4” foil backed insulation under and behind the seat for the heat issue along with a fan aiming at the exhaust. Does little if any sound deadening but cures my heat problem. All you really need is some speakers for music and then no noise problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JeremyHamilton16

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2019
Nashville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah all I have is the rubber sheet as well. it gets very loud in my cab and when I'm taking the kiddos in the neighborhood around its hard for them to talk to one another.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah all I have is the rubber sheet as well. it gets very loud in my cab and when I'm taking the kiddos in the neighborhood around its hard for them to talk to one another.

Taking the hard roof off and going with a fiber/mesh version will make a huge difference, the hard roof contains & amplifies a lot of sound.
Remove the one you have on there now to try results.

Reactions: bobhonda and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!