BOX1

Maple Syrup

C

Chooglin

Anyone else out there that makes their own maple syrup ?

I hung 14 buckets yesterday and woke up to most of them at 3/4 full. I am only looking to get 3 gallons this year.

We will be boiling all weekend starting today !

FB IMG 1518792025156 FB IMG 1518792046558

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My best friend has 80,000 trees tapped and should make 30,000 gallons.

Vermont is maple syrup country!!!!

C

Chooglin

My best friend has 80,000 trees tapped and should make 30,000 gallons.

Vermont is maple syrup country!!!!
Wow , that's a butt load of taps!

We make just enough for the family , it's the enjoyment that we get out of it that makes us do it !

Reactions: JACKAL
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone else out there that makes their own maple syrup ?

I hung 14 buckets yesterday and woke up to most of them at 3/4 full. I am only looking to get 3 gallons this year.

We will be boiling all weekend starting today !

View attachment 65338 View attachment 65339
I helped a buddy make it in Wisconsin. I had a handful of good trees on my place. It was a good time for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chooglin and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We don't have any good maple trees here, we used to where I grew up. I don't think pine sap would taste all that great.

Best baked potato I even had was cooked in Pine rosin. I believe it was "The worlds Greatest Baked Potato" - the food truck even had a sign "Home of the worlds Greatest Backed Potato" ... the had the "Worlds Greatest Corn on the cob" as well but we were pretty sure that was not true because you cant have two of the "Worlds Greatest" at the same stand.

But that baked potato was awesome - we went every year to the Hillsville, VA flea market and gun show on labor day weekend... then one year they just stopped showing up and their was no reason to go to the flea market anymore.

Rosin Baked Potato's for those that never heard of them

C

Chooglin

We had a really good time yesterday. We only ended up with 1/2 gallon of syrup because the trees stopped flowing ( got to cold )

Next week should be good for sap flow , so we will be back at it during the week !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sharp
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
It’s about a month to early here in northern MN. But yes I enjoy making it. Make Just enough for us and family members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!