Day 3 fun on the mountain

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
The first day on the trail we put in about 35 miles. Saw a lot of cool things. Today we only put on about 10 miles. But had a lot of fun doing it. And some of the roughest trails I’ve ever been on. And you have to remember I grew up in Moab Utah, so I’ve seen some pretty rough trails. But the little 520 didn’t miss a step and I only had to put it in four-wheel-drive once after a water crossing and a lot of steep slippery rocks coming out the other side

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I think a trailer makes more sense. Way more possibilities

Reactions: Smittyp
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like you had a great time in some beautiful country Rob. Sorry you had to bail on the AZPT ride.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I really wanted to make that trip happen. Timing and logistics made it difficult. Hard for us working folk to take 2 full weeks off for one trip. If we lived closer, it would require less travel time.

Reactions: Prntckt and PJon
Z

Zigblazer

Dec 28, 2021
NE MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someday I'm going to get back there. Went to school in Laramie too. Last time I was in Wyoming, was 2003 right after basic training with my wife. Looped the whole state tent camping. Yellowstone with recent bear warnings from them tearing into tents looking for food, and we broke the back window out of my s-10 blazer on the way in. Down through the tetons to the snowy range. Camped almost 2 miles off of Fallen Pines Road, almost out of the mountains entirely. Still have the campsite as my computer screen background. I now have three kids and would love to go back. My wife has been saying "We'll go next year" for the last 10 years.

Campsite

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!